Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question, WHICH CAR ENGINE WOULD BE BEST FOR HHO?

Gary Diamond Guest

Question, WHICH CAR ENGINE WOULD BE BEST FOR HHO?

A friend of mine has a 1972 142e volvo he told me it has one of the very first type of fuel injection systems, no computer, just 4 extra point sets so i would think it would be friendly to HHO. Any input would be a great help. The big problem maybe it has not run in 20 years.

He also set the 1967-1977 VW's also used the same system

http://www.icbm.org/erkson/ttt/engin...ion/d-jet.html

Thanks Gary Diamond

cinch Guest
    I would think the best engines to use would be something with a points ignition as there is absolutely no computer integration.You can advance or retard the timing as much as you want.Carbureted would probably be best as you can lean up the air fuel ratio without having to get into all the computer reprogramming and sensor tricking.You could go with smaller jets or adjust the carb or go from a 4bbl to a 2 bbl or a 2 bbl to a 1bbl carb to lean up the engine's air/fuel mixture.

Something like the old Ford 170/200/250 CID inline 6 would be nice.They were made in the 60's and 70's and were almost bullet proof.Great engines but they had an integral intake manifold with a 1bbl carb and were designed poorly in that aspect.

Basicly a carbureded engine with a points ignition system,I think, would be the best bet for using HHO or any other fuel modification. Just my opinion.

Also I have heard of people saying their engine idles high with the HHO on.With a carbureted engine you can sdjust the idle speed with the turn of a screw on the carb so that would help save fuel.If you have HHO and a high idle,and you spend a lot of time in traffic or sitting around with the engine running you are wasting a lot of fuel with that high idle.Just FYI =]

That system sounds like it still has a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor as it says it reads the airflow into the intake as well as air/engine temp.Although it may not have an advanced computer system in it like the OBD-II and so on it still is going to want to be on it's OFP (Own F***ing Program - US Navy technical term lol) so you will still have to trick the sensors and deal with all the BS right? It doesn't, unless I'm mistaken as I don't know much about the Euro engineering, sound like you can lean up the air fuel mixture. Just my thoughts. Please correct me if I'm wrong,I'd like to know myself.

I just think carbureted with points ignition is the way to go. I'll be swithing my chevy 305 TBI with electronic ignition over to carbureted with dual points ignition this summer. I just don't think computers belong in automobiles.They were made for a desk and thats where they belong!

-end rant-

hydroxmobile Guest

Hydrox Mobile

We have installed the following vehicles with Hydrox Mobile HM80, HM160 and HM240.
    1. Proton Saga, Iswara, Wira, Satria, Juara, Perdana, Exora, Savvy and Tiara. All with positive results at least 20% fuel savings.
    2. Perodua MyVi, Kancil, Rusa, Kenari, Kelisa, Viva and Kembara. Mix results with MyVi 30%, Kancil 15%, Kenari 20%, Kelisa 20%, Viva 15% and Kembara 15%.
    3. Toyota Estima 22%, C
    amry 2.4 28%, Vios 20%, Wish 25%, Altis 20%, Hilux 2.5D 26%, Land Cruiser 4.2VX 32%, Celica 23%, Mr2 27%.
    4. Nissan Sentra 28%, Frontier 2.5D 27%, Murano 2.5 29%, Cefiro 3.0 25%, Urvan 3.0D 30%, Fairlady 24%, GTR 23%
    5. Mitsubishi Supertouring 24%, Storm 2.5D 28%, Grandis 20%, Triton 2.5D 27%, Lancer 23%
    6. Honda Accord Vtec 2.0 27%, Civic Vtec 1.6, 1.7 25%, City 27%
    7. Kia Pregio 2.7D 35%, Kia Sportage 21%, Kia Spectra 20%
    8. Ford Ranger 2.5D 30%, Focus 1.8 24%, Escape 25%
    9. Isuzu D-max 26%, Rodeo 29%
    10. Hummer H2 24%, H3 27%

Please check it out at www.hydroxmobile.com

Talking Import Cars with OBD1

I would say any tunner car like Honda/Acura with OBD1 setup Chips are sold everywhere for as low as $10 and software works with laptop is free just google it "SPOON CHIPS ECU INTEGRA" etc...

You can custom/live modify air/fuel ratio with laptop cheep and effective

So basicly any tunner engine where a ton of soft is avaliable for free to modify your ECU

Honda Civic
    Acura Integras
    Honda Preludes

etc...

Quote Originally Posted by NightOfDarkness View Post
    I would say any tunner car like Honda/Acura with OBD1 setup Chips are sold everywhere for as low as $10 and software works with laptop is free just google it "SPOON CHIPS ECU INTEGRA" etc...

So basicly any tunner engine where a ton of soft is avaliable for free to modify your ECU

Honda Civic
    Acura Integras
    Honda Preludes

etc...
    What's a Spoon chip? I've got a Jetta 92, tried googling and came up with jibberish

93 geo metro

How would a 1993 geo metro with a 1.0 liter 3 cyl work out with hho?

It would most likely work quite well, as long as you do some research before you start building anything. Wires wrapped around plexiglass in a jar won't do anything....until the wires short, ignite the tiny amount of gas that would be present, and blow the damn thing apart.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Georgboy View Post
    How would a 1993 geo metro with a 1.0 liter 3 cyl work out with hho?
    Build a dry cell configured like this: -NNNNN+ at 3" X 5". that's the size I am running on my Harley it produce .7-1.0 lpm. It will depends on the electrolyte mixture. At 450 mg per gl. of distilled water it will produce 1.0 lpm at 11 amps or so.

I'm doin a 1991 pontiac firefly FE (the canadian version of a geo metro XFI).
    Please share your results as my main concern is our tiny 50 amp alternators.
    From my tests so far I can already tell you you'll need to treat the O2 sensor. It will adjust and run rich, but on the positive even without treating it you'll get a noticeable increase in torque and that 3200-5000rpm powerband is gone.
    An 90amp alternator from a 4 cylinder ford probe will bolt on with minimal headaches aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOfDarkness View Post

Honda Civic
    Acura Integras
    Honda Preludes

etc...
    where is this cheap chip i can modify with a laptop? google comes up with a bunch of chips but none that i could use a laptop on, i've got a 90 civic and that would be way better than messing with the sensors.