Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best to get rid of current leakage?

Whats the best to get rid of current leakage?

Ok i want to know what is the best idea for getting rid of current leakage? Do any of you guys have an idea?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    Ok i want to know what is the best idea for getting rid of current leakage? Do any of you guys have an idea?
    thanks
    That is the $64.00 question. All the best ways are extremely difficult or not pratical for a one off application. I would say that the best way would be to have solid no hole ss plates cast in some type of good plastic and have the fill and exhaust holes through the plastic and not the stainless. Problem there is the cost of the mold. The increase in effeciency could never offset the cost of the cell in a one of a kind device. The bedliner material I am using now seems to be working very well but is tough to get exact spacing with and hard to use. Shane is working with some dental tray material that seems to hold promise but has yet to be tested under electrolosis. I have hope for it. I had some luck with Plasti Dip but it has issues adhering to stainless and will require more holes to be drilled. If I was going to choose one now for a one of a kind applications. I would use a drill press and drill several small holes around the larger hole and use plastidip. It did not degrade with me under electrolosis in over 100 hours of testing. But you will need the extra holes to make it work. I do beleive that the bedliner material is better but using it is a bear. Final conclusion is that nothing is easy.

Good Luck with this and have patience and determination or you will fail.

Larry

i was thinking of using the plasicdip but there is many different forms of it. I was looking into the spray on kind and the brush kind. Is there one that you would recommend?

I have an idea. What if you drilled oversize holes in the stainless. Then insert a plastic peg in the hole that under heat would mushroom on both sides of the plate so as not to come out. Then sand them in some type jig to a predetermined thickness just enough to hold the plug in place, then drill your hole in the plug for circulation. Would that not yield a no current leakage cell? The plugs could be made in sheet plastic of some sort with a type of hole saw. Actually if this was done in a precision jig with the proper thickness plastic sheet, you might not have to sand it at all. That would be way cheaper than a mold.

Dave Nowlin

I dont know if that would work or not. I asked about using rubber grommets and i was told that it has to cover 2.5x the size of the hole to stop the current leakage. All i can say is to try it. I am going to try everything and see what works. But i am going to try the plastic dip and see how it holds up.

Question

thanks
    Prior to solving a problem, it is important to know the quantitative extent of it.

How much loss is there in a cell due to leakage?

Why is leakage hindering your attempt to implement HHO?

One can achieve 5.5 MMW quite readily without using leakage prevention techniques.

BoyntonStu

i want to see the improvement differences and see if it is actually worth getting rid of current leakage on future dry cells that i will build.

Question

i want to see the improvement differences and see if it is actually worth getting rid of current leakage on future dry cells that i will build.
    What are you getting now? MMW?

BoyntonStu

Im not sure....i havent ran any mmw tests yet but my cell in 3x6 and i am getting 1.6 lpm. I am getting my amp meter this week and i will let yall know when i get the test going.

i was thinking of using the plasicdip but there is many different forms of it. I was looking into the spray on kind and the brush kind. Is there one that you would recommend?
    The spray on kind WILL NOT WORK. It is too thin. The brush on kind is the only kind that works. I show a can of what I used on a YouTube Video. The key to getting it to stick is it adhering to itself through the holes. Do not try it without the extra holes It simply will come off the stainless. I used 1/8" holes around the main hole. The Plasti Dip completely fills the smaller holes and adheres to itself on the other side of the plate. Keep in mind that if you do drill the extra holes and do not fill them with Plasti Dip your current leakage problem will grow.

As for the difference in MMW with and without blocking techniques. I have found in numerous tests that it is around a 10% improvement in effeciency's. I have a couple of in debth video's on YouTube showing tests both ways under identical circumstances.

Good Luck. It is quite an undertaking.

Larry