Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the best to get rid of current leakage?

Gary Diamond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    What are you getting now? MMW?

BoyntonStu
    Well Stu that very important data, the way i look at it is if your drawing 12amps and if your leakage is 500 ma 1/2 amp who cares but if over time like weeks running that grows to 2 amps yes it needs to be addressed

AS THEY SAY IF ITS NOT BROKE WHY FIX IT "KISS"

Gary

alpha-dog Guest
    I'm using the plasti-dip method, in addition to other changes. One extra neutral ( now 5n ), 3 cups KOH per gallon of water and P-channel mosfets I've reralized 34% increase over last year. Of course my electrolyser wasn't producing what it was rated at and now it's doing a little more. I'm happy with it. The plasti-dip is easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha-dog View Post
    I'm using the plasti-dip method, in addition to other changes. One extra neutral ( now 5n ), 3 cups KOH per gallon of water and P-channel mosfets I've reralized 34% increase over last year. Of course my electrolyser wasn't producing what it was rated at and now it's doing a little more. I'm happy with it. The plasti-dip is easy to do.
    Alpha-dog, I am glad to hear that the Plasti Dip is working for you but what is the difference between p channel fets and n channel fets. I am curious as to why that would help I do not have even 1 tenth of the understanding of electronics as you do. Maybe it is something I want to try as well.

Larry

alpha-dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Alpha-dog, I am glad to hear that the Plasti Dip is working for you but what is the difference between p channel fets and n channel fets. I am curious as to why that would help I do not have even 1 tenth of the understanding of electronics as you do. Maybe it is something I want to try as well.

Larry
    What I know is that I've tried with my test electrolyser both N-channel and P-channel with the same current draw and the P-channel fets on the pwm gave an increase output. My theory is that with the N-channel fets you have a saturated electrolyser all the time and by turning on and off the ground you allow it to conduct for a period of time. With the P-channel fets the electrolyser is conducting all the time both with stored energy and comming from the battery in pulses. So with N-channel fets you have an off time and with P-channel it always conducts. I have proven on my test set and on my vehicle that it work better.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha-dog View Post
    What I know is that I've tried with my test electrolyser both N-channel and P-channel with the same current draw and the P-channel fets on the pwm gave an increase output. My theory is that with the N-channel fets you have a saturated electrolyser all the time and by turning on and off the ground you allow it to conduct for a period of time. With the P-channel fets the electrolyser is conducting all the time both with stored energy and comming from the battery in pulses. So with N-channel fets you have an off time and with P-channel it always conducts. I have proven on my test set and on my vehicle that it work better.
    It looks like we should all try this. There is just no available products for us to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    Im not sure....i havent ran any mmw tests yet but my cell in 3x6 and i am getting 1.6 lpm. I am getting my amp meter this week and i will let yall know when i get the test going.
    Tundra here's a MMW calculator:

http://site.altpropulsion.com/MMWCalc.htm

alpha-dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    It looks like we should all try this. There is just no available products for us to try.
    If you will be patient, I and an engineer friend are going to produce a beta run of a new pwm design. I want to make it modular, versatile and reliable with current control, choice of N-channel or P-channel mosfets, able to operate at up to 25khz. Safety is always the first issue, so it needs to use the minimum amount of heavy current bearing wires. You should also be able to buy extra fet blocks for higher current usage, which will make upgrades cheaper.
    Russ