Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagle-research EFIE release

joshsbrain Guest

Eagle-research EFIE release

Here is a link to a free download about the EFIE. Its very comprehensive, I would like to use this thread to post questions and comments regarding this information. Feel free to download and start reading, hopefully we can all learn from this and perhaps even fine tune the system a bit!

Josh http://www.esnips.com/doc/718eacd2-0...nhancer-Manual

porkchop Guest
    I was going to start an Efie thread, but this title will suffice. I would like some people who have one installed, kindly post some info on the difference it made, did it help, what type, ect.....
    I need one, of that I am convinced. My vehicle "learned" to compensate for the hydrogen.
    Seems like there is a lot of talk about the Efie, but just not in one spot.
    This sight has grown into a monster (this is a good thing), but finding things now is like an episode from a Indiana Jones movie.

daveczrn Guest
    having a new toyota i am not able to use the O2 sensor adjuster because toyota's don't have an O2 sensor.

o well.

porkchop Guest
    Still have not found one. Any suggetions on which one. Anyone buy one and had good or bad luck?

Bigtoyota Guest
    Toyota's don't have O2 sensors? Since when? I've got a 4 runner and a pickup. The pickup has one, the 4 runner has two. Are you sure about that?

HomeGrown Guest
    My '91 Camry has one, but I don't know about my '08 Taco. Now I've gotta look.....

nickalderson Guest

Toyota O2 sensors

Toyotas have O2 sensors, but some are not threaded into the exhaust manifold. They are bolted in. See picture below. My '92 celica has a bolt on sensor before the cat and a threaded in sensor after the cat. As far as I know there is nothing available for these types of O2 sensors.

It would be cool to have an extender machined. The O2 sensor could bolt onto the extender and the extender could bolt on to where the O2 sensor goes, with a short tube section in between the two. I don't know what the cost of that would be though. Anybody have any other ideas?

http://hhoforums.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1216824558

daveczrn Guest
    O2 extenders do not work reliably. What they are doing is taking the 02 sensor out of the exaust stream. So it just takes longer for the o2 sensor to make an adjustment, if it does at all.

HomeGrown Guest
    I just looked at the one on my '91 Camry.... same as the one in the pic.

porkchop Guest
    I think I am going to try those Eagle Research ones. I will wait a few days to see if anyone posts any neg. feedback about them. Then I'll post on how they are working for everyone. I hate to be the guinea pig if someone already knows about them though.