Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC/DC converter for hydrogen generation with 12 volts input

hijk839 Guest

Thumbs up shente2

Wow..nice and interesting. i will try it later. Thanks for sharing information. Thanks for the comment, are you talking about the whole designing or a part of? Not bad. Have you done this type of stuff often? It seems like it. i like the idea but how do members of the public remove there details. stainless steel pipe

Quote Originally Posted by protecheqp View Post
    ah guy you still in old school pwm is a dc control a pulse using the same amps and power as what you are regulated too a inverter pumps ...amps ... we realy need to test this sucker out before we try to kill it ,,now I have bben using a inverter 90 v0lts dc and 0 - 100 amps range but it will not stay alive on reg 110 volts ac with 15 amps so i get maybe half to work with .

hell i go 17 amps and there is nothing like it on the web for production in any kind of cell check out the picks in my posted cell
    Well, go ahead and do your test... however anybody with a modicum of electronics background will tell you that inverters and converters waste energy. But, don't take my word for it.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Thanks for sharing this protecheap I may just have to test this out before my next build to see how it does. Nice find

marchlabs Guest
    seems dumb! why would you want to go down in voltage?

a series cell divides voltage .. so the higher the voltage the easier it is to get high gas outputs.. with 1.8-4 Volts you limited to 2 plates!

think about it..

jeremy
    www.marchlabs.com
    www.hybridconversions.com

If there is enough demand for one, I'll design you guys a high power switching power supply, or a "DC/DC" converter. It would just be a small box with a dial to adjust the output voltage - easily mountable in the vehicle. I'm making an AC to DC step down converter that should handle up to 100V, or 50A, with ~90% conversion efficiency.

If anyone is intersted, let me know. You're not obligated to buy one, but I'd just like to know what kind of demand there would be. I'm an EE by trade btw, so it won't be some half-patched thing thrown together.

Ouch! Just checked out that DC/DC converter from Powerstream... They make good products, but whoa... $188? Mine would be about half that, same quality.