Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok dry vs wet cells & plate dimentions

ok dry vs wet cells & plate dimentions

some thoughts ........please feel free to shoot me down as all us hho guys are told it cant be done ..and we are stupid .. especially the new guys
    as example my thoughts
    1/ we deal with gravity .. ok whats that mean, bubbles escaping like electricity go the route of least resistance ,,,, meaning if you have a 8x8 plate = area length x with x 2 = 128 area plate ...the bubbles have to travel from the bottom 7.9 inches or so from the bottom to get free of obstructions like other bubbles in there way ... now consider a plate on the horizontal 2 x32 x2 =128 the bubbles have to travel less ...than 2 inches or so to clear obstruction ..
    we getting it yet ?

Ok so now we go on to plate spacing the closer you can get your plates the better the production ,= problem of re supply of electrolyte to plate area ..if you can not re supply you are dealing with a dry plate ,, we still thinking here

I looked at the picks posted of blackened areas on dry cells and people were saying its current loss hell its a dry area with all the bubbles trying to escape the plate in that area is dry ....we still thinking ?
    ?
    ok to re supply a 32 inch long plate in a dry cell is a big undertaking and easier to do with 8x8....... hope we still thinking here

that is why my thinking is wet cells are better for liquid resupply of electrolyte ok now we are going to get into current loss ...phewy were hho its brute force ...... ... now we have been playing with pwm,s to help but hell its not the way to go but better than nothing

My first test was with a inverter and i posted picks after 30 second intervals of a wet cell in "plain" tap water in a bucket as its cold up here and i have no garage to work from so other than blowing my house up it was a short test as it scared the **** out of me .....at the amount of production ...from what i had been reading about ,, now look at these picks http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=2415
    this is plain tap water and my plates are 3,625 x 8 and spacing is ,040 ok if you have been around this ..is this what ? fantastic yes it is , lol good thing we do a lot of diff things in hho ...
    now my point after all this gibber is wet cells is the way to go and dc to dc inverters are mother fkrs for production and guys do not lock yourself up not yet .. we moving forward ...
    HHOinventions.com

Quote Originally Posted by protecheqp View Post
    some thoughts ........please feel free to shoot me down as all us hho guys are told it cant be done ..and we are stupid .. especially the new guys
    as example my thoughts
    1/ we deal with gravity .. ok whats that mean, bubbles escaping like electricity go the route of least resistance ,,,, meaning if you have a 8x8 plate = area length x with x 2 = 128 area plate ...the bubbles have to travel from the bottom 7.9 inches or so from the bottom to get free of obstructions like other bubbles in there way ... now consider a plate on the horizontal 2 x32 x2 =128 the bubbles have to travel less ...than 2 inches or so to clear obstruction ..
    we getting it yet ?

Ok so now we go on to plate spacing the closer you can get your plates the better the production ,= problem of re supply of electrolyte to plate area ..if you can not re supply you are dealing with a dry plate ,, we still thinking here

I looked at the picks posted of blackened areas on dry cells and people were saying its current loss hell its a dry area with all the bubbles trying to escape the plate in that area is dry ....we still thinking ?
    ?
    ok to re supply a 32 inch long plate in a dry cell is a big undertaking and easier to do with 8x8....... hope we still thinking here

that is why my thinking is wet cells are better for liquid resupply of electrolyte ok now we are going to get into current loss ...phewy were hho its brute force ...... ... now we have been playing with pwm,s to help but hell its not the way to go but better than nothing

My first test was with a inverter and i posted picks after 30 second intervals of a wet cell in "plain" tap water in a bucket as its cold up here and i have no garage to work from so other than blowing my house up it was a short test as it scared the **** out of me .....at the amount of production ...from what i had been reading about ,, now look at these picks http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=2415
    this is plain tap water and my plates are 3,625 x 8 and spacing is ,040 ok if you have been around this ..is this what ? fantastic yes it is , lol good thing we do a lot of diff things in hho ...
    now my point after all this gibber is wet cells is the way to go and dc to dc inverters are mother fkrs for production and guys do not lock yourself up not yet .. we moving forward ...
    I appreciate your enthusiasm and all the advantages of wet cells. There is just one killer effeciency problem that you can not escape. That is current leakage. It is the number one effeciency killer of HHO production other than running too high of voltage per plate gap. There is no way of getting around it.

SmartScarecrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by protecheqp View Post
    as example my thoughts
    we getting it yet ?

?

the Bob Boyce style box cells that were popular a few years back were VERY efficient ... I have not seen a dry cell match them for efficiency ... but the darn things are very hard to construct ... and they tend to trap a huge amount of gas in them making them a little on the dangerous side ... but if you are looking for a wet type device that performs extremely well, that is the way to go ... but they are expensive and hard to do properly ... you would have your work cut out for you ...

most seem to find that the 6" x 6" form factor is the middle ground between material utilization, cost, and overall performance ... same with either a wet or a dry cell ... as you get smaller, you need a lot more of them to be able to handle decent watts, as you get bigger, you have mounting issues and problems with feeding them so the surface gets charged evenly ... so the 6" x 6" seems to work well for most who try it ...

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I appreciate your enthusiasm and all the advantages of wet cells. There is just one killer effeciency problem that you can not escape. That is current leakage. It is the number one effeciency killer of HHO production other than running too high of voltage per plate gap. There is no way of getting around it.

ah hell think inverters twice
    HHOinventions.com

Quote Originally Posted by SmartScarecrow View Post
    the Bob Boyce style box cells that were popular a few years back were VERY efficient ... I have not seen a dry cell match them for efficiency ... but the darn things are very hard to construct ... and they tend to trap a huge amount of gas in them making them a little on the dangerous side ... but if you are looking for a wet type device that performs extremely well, that is the way to go ... but they are expensive and hard to do properly ... you would have your work cut out for you ...

most seem to find that the 6" x 6" form factor is the middle ground between material utilization, cost, and overall performance ... same with either a wet or a dry cell ... as you get smaller, you need a lot more of them to be able to handle decent watts, as you get bigger, you have mounting issues and problems with feeding them so the surface gets charged evenly ... so the 6" x 6" seems to work well for most who try it ...
    guy did you look at my picks yet
    HHOinventions.com

fk all the boys before me this is 2009 and a new day loose the old lets kick ass

ah come on guys you missing the results before your eyes look at the picks this is straight tap water
    and tell me where you seen this kind of production before .. look at pick 1 and 2 we all know how fast bubbles disappear so where are the questions ,,,,,,I will bet a lot of your money on my way .......
    HHOinventions.com

Dry cells are not the way to go ... ok lets talk current leakage put a - plate on all 3 sides of the wet cell side, side ,bottom leaving the top open ........Now what no leakage on 75% of the cell the - plates are working ........but its a farce ......
    we need brute force to get some place its a car we limited to the alt specs dc to dc inverters close plate gap lots of fluid ........and all the plates should be linear meaning horizontal the vertical should be as small as you can get room for ...... test it then say fk you pro

lol i read and read all the posts i could find on all the foruns to do with hho I could find so this is what you get for posting lol

now look at the pictures i posted
    HHOinventions.com

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I got to ask this question does your unit produce like the pictures i posted with plain tap water ? then we can talk leakage
    HHOinventions.com

Finish it, then show some LPM, your volts,and amps, and temperature,.At start up,and with a couple of hours run time. Good Luck

SmartScarecrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    You have some nasty as hell tap water.
    I would have to agree with this comment ... if you can get decent production out of your local tap water, don't drink that stuff for sure ... and I think I would be worried about showering in it ...

now if you were to come up with a method of getting pure water, distilled or deionized water, to react well, that would be something new and exciting ... it appears to be possible with some radio frequencies and with some high voltage apparatus ...

the problems I ran into using tap water is consistency and fouling of my gear ... I just never knew from one day to the next what that guy at the water treatment plant was going to put in the stuff ... and it seems that whatever chemicals they use tend to accumulate in in my device and foul it with all sorts of nasty gunk ... that and the volume of chemical additives in tap water in general is more than I would use ...

so to get consistent, predictable and reliable results that are the same every time, the only method I have found that is practical is to use pure distilled water with a carefully measured amount of electrolyte chemical that I choose instead of what was chosen for me by the water treatment guy ...

but of course you should follow you own path ... hope you prove me wrong ...