Thread: dry cell questions

dry cell questions

I was putting my dry cell together ( 7 plate +nnnnn-)and had a few questions for you guys. When I cut the .040 gaskets I cut them so that the gasket sat slightly inside the edge of the wall plate. When putting if together I had trouble getting the gaskets the stay put. The end result was the was slight "slop" where it pooched out on a couple edges and then sat farther inside on the others. When I put water in it is seemed to leak a little. I'm only running 4 bolts and am thinking that's not enough so I'm going to add 4 more bolts to help pinch it. How are you guys cutting your gaskets for the wall plates? Are the gaskets outside edges flush with the outside of the plate or are gasket outside edges even before the wall plate starts to "turn out" to the edge (like sitting a ways inside)?
    I like how easy it is to get these wallplates, but I see I will eventually need to get flat plates b/c it seems really hard not to get the plates to touch (especially where the electrical connector is). But for now I'm going to put a little electrical tape on the outside edges.
    Also what is MMW? I can't figure out what it stands for. I'm figuring it has to do with LPM and amperage?

MMW stands for milliliters per minute per watt.

Here's a handy MMW calculator it's pretty self explanatory:

http://site.altpropulsion.com/MMWCalc.htm