Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who is afraid of the Dead Sea Scrolls?

Lightbulb

Larry,

The Jews have been begging the Christians to stay out their lives for almost 2,000 years to no avail.

Here, you can change the channel and ignore the discussion.

Imagine it if you couldn't.

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Larry,

The Jews have been begging the Christians to stay out their lives for almost 2,000 years to no avail.

Here, you can change the channel and ignore the discussion.

Imagine it if you couldn't.

BoyntonStu
    This channel will change nothing. The fact remains that this forum is HHOFORUMS.COM. There are many forums for this kind of stuff. I do not want to change anyones beleif's or feelings. I do not even want to discuss them. There is no amount of debate here that will change either your or anyones feelings. They only cause malcontent and bad feelings. I just feel that this is the best forum out there on HHO. That is what it should be. There is a time and place for everything. This is not the time or place for religous debates. It has turned into hatred. Hatred is the worst thing anyone could latch on to.

Larry

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    This channel will change nothing. The fact remains that this forum is HHOFORUMS.COM. There are many forums for this kind of stuff. I do not want to change anyones beleif's or feelings. I do not even want to discuss them. There is no amount of debate here that will change either your or anyones feelings. They only cause malcontent and bad feelings. I just feel that this is the best forum out there on HHO. That is what it should be. There is a time and place for everything. This is not the time or place for religous debates. It has turned into hatred. Hatred is the worst thing anyone could latch on to.

Larry
    Larry,

A little education will show you that NOTHING has turned into hatred.

Hatred for the Jews is the cornerstone of Christianity.

In case you never knew it, I offer the following example of Jew Hatred written by Martin Luther, the founder of Protestantism, who, after his strong effort to convert the Jews failed, wrote the following:

http://www.humanitas-international.o...uther-jews.htm

On the Jews and Their Lies, 1543
    by Martin Luther (1483-1546)

Translated by Martin H. Bertram

copyright © 1971 Fortress Press & Augsburg Fortress - On the Jews and Their Lies is from Luther’s Works Volume 47. Augsburg Fortress is the publishing ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Funded through sales revenue, Augsburg Fortress is called to provide products and services that communicate the Gospel, enhance faith, and enrich the life of the Christian community from a Lutheran perspective.
    Part I

I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that those miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews and who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen.

Grace and peace in the Lord. Dear sir and good friend, I have received a treatise in which a Jew engages in dialog with a Christian. He dares to pervert the scriptural passages which we cite in testimony to our faith, concerning our Lord Christ and Mary his mother, and to interpret them quite differently. With this argument he thinks he can destroy the basis of our faith.

This is my reply to you and to him. It is not my purpose to quarrel with the Jews, nor to learn from them how they interpret or understand Scripture; I know all of that very well already. Much less do I propose to convert the Jews, for that is impossible. Those two excellent men, Lyra and Burgensis, together with others, truthfully described the Jews' vile interpretation for us two hundred and one hundred years ago respectively. Indeed they refuted it thoroughly. However, this was no help at all to the Jews, and they have grown steadily worse.

They have failed to learn any lesson from the terrible distress that has been theirs for over fourteen hundred years in exile. Nor can they obtain any end or definite terminus of this, as they suppose, by means of the vehement cries and laments to God. If these blows do not help, it is reasonable to assume that our talking and explaining will help even less.

Therefore a Christian should be content and not argue with the Jews. But if you have to or want to talk with them, do not say any more than this: "Listen, Jew, are you aware that Jerusalem and your sovereignty, together with your temple and priesthood, have been destroyed for over 1,460 years?" For this year, which we Christians write as the year 1542 since the birth of Christ, is exactly 1,468 years, going on fifteen hundred years, since Vespasian and Titus destroyed Jerusalem and expelled the Jews from the city. Let the Jews bite on this nut and dispute this question as long as they wish.

For such ruthless wrath of God is sufficient evidence that they assuredly have erred and gone astray. Even a child can comprehend this. For one dare not regard God as so cruel that he would punish his own people so long, so terribly, so unmercifully, and in addition keep silent, comforting them neither with words nor with deeds, and fixing no time limit and no end to it. Who would have faith, hope, or love toward such a God? Therefore this work of wrath is proof that the Jews, surely rejected by God, are no longer his people, and neither is he any longer their God. This is in accord with Hosea 1:9, "Call his name Not my people, for you are not my people and I am not your God." Yes, unfortunately, this is their lot, truly a terrible one. They may interpret this as they will; we see the facts before our eyes, and these do not deceive us.

If there were but a spark of reason or understanding in them, they would surely say to themselves: "O Lord God, something has gone wrong with us. Our misery is too great, too long, too severe; God has forgotten us!" etc. To be sure, I am not a Jew, but I really do not like to contemplate God's awful wrath toward this people. It sends a shudder of fear through body and soul, for I ask, What will the eternal wrath of God in hell be like toward false Christians and all unbelievers? Well, let the Jews regard our Lord Jesus as they will. We behold the fulfillment of the words spoken by him in Luke 21:20: "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near ... for these are days of vengeance. For great distress shall be upon the earth and wrath upon this people.

In short, as has already been said, do not engage much in debate with Jews about the articles of our faith. From their youth they have been so nurtured with venom and rancor against our Lord that there is no hope until they reach the point where their misery finally makes them pliable and they are forced to confess that the Messiah has come, and that he is our Jesus. Until such a time it is much too early, yes, it is useless to argue with them about how God is triune, how he became man, and how Mary is the mother of God. No human reason nor any human heart will ever grant these things, much less the embittered, venomous, blind heart of the Jews. As has already been said, what God cannot reform with such cruel blows, we will be unable to change with words and works. Moses was unable to reform the Pharaoh by means of plagues, miracles, pleas, or threats; he had to let him drown in the sea.

Now, in order to strengthen our faith, we want to deal with a few crass follies of the Jews in their belief and their exegesis of the Scriptures, since they so maliciously revile our faith. If this should move any Jew to reform and repent, so much the better. We are now not talking with the Jews but about the Jews and their dealings, so that our Germans, too, might be informed.

Martin Luther's writings inpired Adolph Hitler to murder 6,000,000 Jews in the Shoah.

Read Martin Luther's words and you will understand how Jews feel about Evangelism.

BoyntonStu

Stu,
    You've totally flipped dude.Apparently you care not how much credibility you've lost with most of here on the forum.I say this because you "USED" to be an active contributing member here,and now just because Zero and a couple of others make bogus statements,you feel the need to punish the rest of us here with all your religious BS.You've already offended most of here that want to converse and learn,with myself and others literately begging you to cease with all your cut and paste "NONSENSE".

If you're that depressed about something maybe you should seek counsel and or therapy,please don't take it out on us here we've done "NOTHING TO YOU".

Question "nonsense"

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    You've totally flipped dude.Apparently you care not how much credibility you've lost with most of here on the forum.I say this because you "USED" to be an active contributing member here,and now just because Zero and a couple of others make bogus statements,you feel the need to punish the rest of us here with all your religious BS.You've already offended most of here that want to converse and learn,with myself and others literately begging you to cease with all your cut and paste "NONSENSE".

If you're that depressed about something maybe you should seek counsel and or therapy,please don't take it out on us here we've done "NOTHING TO YOU".
    Do you deny the authenticity of Martin Luther's writing?

Do you own research.

Perhaps the truth hurts?

BoyntonStu

Do you deny the authenticity of Martin Luther's writing?

Do you own research.

Perhaps the truth hurts?

BoyntonStu
    The truth is I've done my research ,applied it and made it work.Maybe you aren't good enough to do the same,and now because of your failures you feel the need to take it on the rest of us here(and there are plenty of us)that can make it work.

If you're trying to set the record of members putting you on their "IGNORE LIST"(after this post you'll be on mine along with the rest of the particpants who thought it necessary to argue with you) you're doing a good job of it.Who knows maybe you'll beat "SCOOTERDOGS" record seeing as you've stooped to his level or below.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    The truth is I've done my research ,applied it and made it work.Maybe you aren't good enough to do the same,and now because of your failures you feel the need to take it on the rest of us here(and there are plenty of us)that can make it work.

If you're trying to set the record of members putting you on their "IGNORE LIST"(after this post you'll be on mine along with the rest of the particpants who thought it necessary to argue with you) you're doing a good job of it.Who knows maybe you'll beat "SCOOTERDOGS" record seeing as you've stooped to his level or below.
    Ignore the truth at the risk of your own intellectual integrity.

The head in the sand is one position that many choose.

AFAIK I have never told a falsehood and I have always apologized for my mistakes.

BoyntonStu

AFAIK I have never told a falsehood and I have always apologized for my mistakes.

BoyntonStu
    LMAO.... stop you are going to make me pee my pants

Gary Diamond Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    LMAO.... stop you are going to make me pee my pants

Gary Diamond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post

Larry

Hey relax, again remember I said when this all started "your off topic" but you guys here felt

it was fine to go to the weird side.

But now that it happened, wow, ouch, the world still has anger towards Jews. Something new (2000 years old).

It seems to upset some here, that this subject is talked about.

“I have a idea” why not open on this board a new forum EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING,

BUT HHO it can be set up for Group Memberships which

means if you don’t join and Register EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING, BUT HHO it

wouldn’t show up, that should fix the problem if a

guest or anyone who don’t want to see, or read it

Gary