Thread: Driving a chemical reaction.

Driving a chemical reaction.

I have been learning about the Hydrogen thing. And I must agree that this has a great advantage over most other ideas of how to save fuel and to reduce oil use. I have noticed a few things in the forum that have not been addressed and was wondering if anyone had done in research into this areas of hydrogen production.
    In chemical reaction it is possible to drive a reaction. That is done via a number of devises.
    Heat can drive a reaction.
    Vacume can drive a reaction.
    Light can affect a reaction.
    Ultrasonic waves can affect a reaction.
    Interducing another gas could affect the reaction and may actually give you a more usable HH gas in the process.
    Materials indeed we have all been speaking about? We all know they affect
    the reactions.
    As we are working in two states of hydrogen, water and gas. It would seem that we should be able to take advantage of the ability to drive the actual reaction to make the systems function at a higher rate.
    You want to boil at a different tempature, reduce or increase the pressure.
    of the chamber. You get the point.
    You want to creat more hydrogen with less work. That is the real goal that could be done with a little innovation. Work is the amount of power need to reach a desired result with in a given system, in real chemistry.
    So what I am asking if what has been looked at and what has been found to be affective and unaffective in the way of Gas production? Sorry for the speeling I have dislexia so this is how I type, hope you can understand it.

I've seen folks play with pressures, (neg and pos) diff temps, and some ultrasonic. The results were not repeated enough to be totally conclusive, in my opinion.

There is ideal temps for splitting water but it comes with its own set of issues. The difference seems to be in the 2-4%ish improvement range, i'm not sure. HHOPWR works with 175 plus degree temps pressurized he may have some more conclusive numbers for the temps effects.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."