Thread: installation of a dry cell

installation of a dry cell

Maybe someone can give me an opinion here. I been using wet cells since June and I recently bought an awesome dry cell. When I gave it a test run I noticed the water wasn't running efficiently. There's like large air gaps trying to get through the tubing. Is there such a thing as priming the generator? And also does the bubbler need vented? Any thoughts?
    2003 chevy blazer 18-21 city, 25-27 hwy. 36 plate dry cell generator. O2 extender

Gizzy,

Its normal for the tube that returns from the cell to the reservoir to become frothy, as this tube will return electrolyte and HHO. However, the fill tube that takes electrolyte to the cell should always be pure liquid.

Make sure that your reservoir is higher than your cell and that the two tubing runs are as straight as you can make them, with no dips or loops.

The cell, setup as above, should prime itself when you fill the reservoir.

Would like to see some info on your cell. Which one did you purchase?

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Gizzy,

Its normal for the tube that returns from the cell to the reservoir to become frothy, as this tube will return electrolyte and HHO. However, the fill tube that takes electrolyte to the cell should always be pure liquid.

Make sure that your reservoir is higher than your cell and that the two tubing runs are as straight as you can make them, with no dips or loops.

The cell, setup as above, should prime itself when you fill the reservoir.

Would like to see some info on your cell. Which one did you purchase?

Russ.
    Hi Russ, I made a few and bought another way back in July I believe and wasn't to happy about it. But I wanted one that was built professionally, So I looked at Ebay #Item number: 160314080267. This thing is awesome in my opinion. Take a look and tell me what your thoughts are. Thanks Darren
    2003 chevy blazer 18-21 city, 25-27 hwy. 36 plate dry cell generator. O2 extender

HHO Student Guest

Cool

Gizzy,

I have the same problem. Haven't been able to resolve it.

The dry cell is located in front of the radiator below the bubbler by about 9". The bubbler has 3 ports. The top port delivers the HHO gas to the engine via vacuum tubes.
    The two bottom ports of the bubbler go to the HHO dry cell. When the system is energized and producing HHO gas, there is a very noticible flow through both of the dry cell tubes going to the bubbler.

But, when I view the dry cell whether it's energized or not, the water level is only about one fifth deep inside of the cell (80% air pocket). This to me means that the surface area of the inside plates only have about 20% exposure to the electrolyte, so I am losing about 80% of possible gas production. I tried reversing the polarity of the electricity going to the dry cell, but that did not change anything.

I also notice that the flow discharges from the bottom port of the dry cell rather than from the upper port of the cell, even after reversing electrical polarity. This seems to be a backward concept.

I keep the fluid level inside the bubbler at about half full.

So, how do you get the cell to be full of fluid rather than only 20% full?

The 2nd problem I am having is with the bubbler itself. I bought my system from an eBay dealer with as a complete kit. It looks like the same type of bubbler that most people are using on their dry cell youtube videos.(A milky white canister with a red cap)
    The problem is that when the car engine is running, the vacuum that is created by the engine sucks the HHO gas from the upper port on the bubble tank and the amount of vacuum produced by the engine actually sucks the the bubbler tank inward like twisting up a pretzel. I put a tee in the the vacuum line from the bubbler tank and the tee allowed me to run another line directly to the car's air filter canister to relieve some of the the vacuum. The bubbler tank is not rigid enough to withstand full vacuum produced by the intake manifold. Although this seems to solve the problem of having the bubbler suck itself inward like before, I now don't have as much vacuum operating the HHO system!