Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subaru WRX

bump?.........

anyone????

So, I just realized something, and I'm not sure why I never thought of it before. Perhaps I was too concerned with water from my HHO setup accidently being sucked into my turbo that I never even considered this.
    A turbocharger runs very hot (I'll try to find normal operating temps for my car and turbo, a WRX with a TD04) so is it even possible to inject HHO pre turbo? or will the heat generated by the turbo ignite the hydrogen inside the turbo before it even reaches the combustion chamber?
    What temperature does HHO burn at?

I don't know at what temp HHO would ignite but the turbo out temps can easily get to be around 122*C/252*F or hotter...

From the wiki:

Hydrogen-oxygen mixtures are explosive across a wide range of proportions. Its autoignition temperature, the temperature at which it ignites spontaneously in air, is 560 °C (1,040 °F).
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

wrxdrvr: I assume from your screen name that you've got a rex too. Are you running HHO with it?

Hi, No I'm not... Thought about it, but not with-it enough to actually build one. If a kit actually comes out for a wrx with engine management I would probably try it out.

Bro i have already answered this question in your Q & A section, check it out!

^^^ Well I just don't think that it is impossible to tap post turbo and over come boost pressure. They are tons of guys running meth water kits those are sprayed post turbo, granted that is a liquid not a gas, but I think with a pump system of some sort it could be possible. I saw your answer, don't get so offended if I seek a 2nd opinion.

jeepmonkee Guest
    I have a working hho system in my jeep and I also owned an 06 wrx with upgrades and Cobb tuned maps.Putting an hho in a turbo wrx kinda defeats the purpose.Its nice to have fuel economy (they make tuned maps for that) but you cant have your cake and eat it too .The turbo ecu is extremely sophisticated .Turbo cars need to run rich for power and detonation prevention.Meth/water injection allows for more power.With HHO you're running on the lean side and fooling the computer to think its ok. Not good on a turbo with so many variables,boost ,altitude,premium fuel,multiple converters.It would take a lot of computing time and failsafes. Has it been done? probably..have they lasted or succeeded long term? Diesel are a different animal all together.