Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: exploding

grimr27 Guest

exploding

my case explodes when i light the end of my tube. i have a vacum checkvalve and i run my tube into a cup of water and lite the bubbles. it was just poping at first then boom it blowed the lide off. this is the second time this is happend. no real damage but it scared the .. out of me so im not going any farther untill i can find out what is going on. ill post some pics next week so you can see what i have for a cell and see if im doing something wrong..

roller24 Guest
    Unless you are separating the gases, the H2 and O blend is combustible without any other air needed for burn. This means the flame can travel thru the tubing.
    In the engine the H2 is blended with fresh air and combustibility is lessened.

My Thumb took the business end of the lid blowing off my jar, I wont be using the match test again either.

grimr27 Guest
    yea i was thinking you dont fill a jar with gas and lite the end of it :P and i have allways been tought that water dose not ignite. but i know now

Ronjinsan Guest
    Hmmm I never really understood this "match test" thing, I mean what do people think is going to come out of there?

gasmakr Guest

Talking

A check valve will not stop the flame travel through yor supply tube... when you light the gas the flame travels through the tube but the check valve is being held open by the flow of gas coming out of the generator. the flame will travel right inside the jar and blow the lid off. the same will happen when you get a backfire through your intake in your engine. you need to install a flame arrestor inline with the supply tube this will stop the flame from reaching your generator you can build these for cheap or you can by them off of EBAY for like 10-15 bucks. these have been used for years on oxy-Acetylene torches. if the flame travels back to one of those tanks you are talking a big boom 2600psi of gas compressed.

Match test

The match test is supposed to be done this way. Place tube into a bottle of water, then as the bubbles come to the surface light the match. The flash back cant travel through the water so it wont blow up your genny.

Ronjinsan Guest
    And this proves?

gasmakr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    And this proves?
    the match test is for non belivers who think this stuff is a big joke and they need to see for themselves that that you can make flamable gas from WATER!

Ronjinsan Guest
    LOL I like that.....best explanation yet!

CHRISTOPHER Guest

duuhhhh`

if they dont know that h20 is hydrogen and oxygen then they should not be experimenting with highly explosive gasses cause ppl might get surprised when lighting it