Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: exploding

gasmakr Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTOPHER View Post
    if they dont know that h20 is hydrogen and oxygen then they should not be experimenting with highly explosive gasses cause ppl might get surprised when lighting it
    You would be suprised what people don't know and what thier misconceptions are about this stuff......it took me an hour to convince my wife that this stuff wasn't complete BULL and let me spend the money to build my first system.

Now she's glad I did!!!!!

grimr27 Guest
    well the match test was all i needed to convince me and my wife But i dont recommend this test to anyone it is VERY DANGEROUS.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Oh come on .....its nice to watch people singe their hair now and again ;-)

gasmakr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Oh come on .....its nice to watch people singe their hair now and again ;-)
    AMEN to that!

grimr27 Guest

flame arrester

dose anyone know how to make a flame arrestor or know a link on how to build one?

Flame arrestor

HHO burns way faster than gas, I am not sure that a check valve or arrester that was designed for petol would work on HHO.

gidrew Guest

flame arrestor

I saw someone who made one on youtube. He took a 3-4" nipple put some millet seeds in first, then bronze wool, then some more millet seeds. Then he SHOWS you that it works.
    I found the video again for people who would like to see it. go to youtube and paste this is the search field: My Most Successful Flashback Ever For Mix HHO Gas 5-17-2008. Thats the homemade flashback.

grimr27 Guest

Pressure

well so far i figured out i had to make my torch tip size to match the pressure of hho im makeing i decreased the size of the tip untill it bubbled a constant streem and now i can lite it and hold a flame without any backfire in my bubbler but im onley getting about 2min out of it then the flame starts to shrink so i put it out

Ronjinsan Guest
    Well at least if the thing packs in you can use it to feed the canaries!

wingnut Guest
    Sorry, I am very new at this. However, I'm not sure as to where to jump in so maybe you guys know. I have tried different metals as a generator and get good results. However, still have the brown/green pond scum at the top irreguardless. Has anyone tried alluminum and why or why not?