Thread: Dry Cell Output Location

Dry Cell Output Location

On the output of your dry cell going back into the reservoir, which method is the best.

1. Return the line into the top of the reservoir above the top of the liquid or.

2. Return the line into the top of the reservoir just below the top of the liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    On the output of your dry cell going back into the reservoir, which method is the best.

1. Return the line into the top of the reservoir above the top of the liquid or.

2. Return the line into the top of the reservoir just below the top of the liquid.
    You will get many opinions here. My personal choice is to return the gas at the bottom of the resevoir. This gives any KOH in the gas an additional chance to bond back into the e-lite. Just my opinion

Larry

I route mine to a bubbler/recovery unit that has a 1" drain in the bottom routed back to the reservoir and entering the reservoir at the top.This eliminates any foaming in the bubbler because all the foam is routed to the reservoir where it dissipates as soon as it cools.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    You will get many opinions here. My personal choice is to return the gas at the bottom of the resevoir. This gives any KOH in the gas an additional chance to bond back into the e-lite. Just my opinion

Larry
    I like the idea of letting the gas and liquid seperate in the reservoir but doesn't that equalize the pressure for the feed line from the reservoir to the cell which might cause a flow problem or a reverse flow problem?

Exclamation

Hi!

I'm in favor of never making a hole in the bottom of anything.

All connectors out the top make for easy maintenance and less leaks.

The return line drops in over the fluid level in the reservoir.

BoyntonStu

I like the idea of letting the gas and liquid seperate in the reservoir but doesn't that equalize the pressure for the feed line from the reservoir to the cell which might cause a flow problem or a reverse flow problem?
    Actually the pressure in your cell will take care of that along with a well placed one way check valve.

Nope no flow problem at all,the pump keeps a good steady feed with no back pressure effects.