Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conference For Bob's "The Cell"

locco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keiththevp View Post
    Are you saying that if you were to bend the plates on either end they would stick better in the plastic? Remember though they have to actually seal between each plate otherwise the water would seep from plate gap to plate gap and you would have current leakage rendering the design useless.
    Bending/drilling the plate ends would definatelly make the design mechanically stronger if the plate ends were plastic covered during injection moulding. I think plastic would stick well enough to the metal not to seep (looking at other products on the market). If this was suspected to be an issue just rough the plate ends up more to aid coherence.

The design of such a cell is definatelly an interesting excercise in terms of ease of manufacture I guess the top of the plates in such a design can open to a common volume as long as you control the e-lite level as not to flood the plates (go over the plates).

What is your guys experience with silicone's resistence to e-lite?

Thanks for the PDF link Painless, looks like some iinteresting reading

Painless I have read that and all of it pertains to his 101 plate cell. Which is great and wonderful but this cell only has 13 plates and uses 12 volts 40 amps straight DC besides the PWM. So in my opinion these are two completely different cells and best yet, the new design is closer to the dry cells that we have all been working on. That being said it is far easier to make and costs a lot less, but you still get the same output. 14 LPM. Therefore I am interested in building this new cell and not the 101 plate VERY complicated and precise monstrosity.

Quote Originally Posted by keiththevp View Post
    Painless I have read that and all of it pertains to his 101 plate cell. Which is great and wonderful but this cell only has 13 plates and uses 12 volts 40 amps straight DC besides the PWM. So in my opinion these are two completely different cells and best yet, the new design is closer to the dry cells that we have all been working on. That being said it is far easier to make and costs a lot less, but you still get the same output. 14 LPM. Therefore I am interested in building this new cell and not the 101 plate VERY complicated and precise monstrosity.
    I just did the math on this cell:

Volts: 12
    Amps: 40
    LPM: 14
    Seconds: 60
    Watts: 480
    MMW: 29.17

Faraday%: 376.44

14 LPM at 40 amps would certainly solve my problems, shame we need to spend so much money just to find out if it's true or not.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Im not exactly sure where this 14LPM talk got started. Are you refering to bobs 100 cell design or the cell?

I can tell you this, the output of 'the cell' is 1L per 10A at 12-14V. The double is supposed to put out 4-6LPM safely, it can go higher but is not recommended. All of this I have learned was directly from conversations with Mr Boyce himself. And as a matter of fact, Bob does claim to achieve above faraday with the Cell. Not much over it, but over it none the less. As for my opinion on the cell, it is the most efficent design out there, looks to be durable, but is overpriced and I have yet to prove it works on a semi. I suspect it is just the engine model I am working with, and that on older engines it will work better, just my .02.

woodsmithca Guest

HHO output

Just tossing out a question that may have been answered??

How many liters per minute output does one need to make a fuel milage difference??

Thanks