Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drycell plate preperation

Franky Guest
    Larry, great idea, I also would like to go for the best of both worlds, especially because I most of the time drive only 10 miles trips.
    So with the 2mm gap you actually mean the gap, compressed in the drycell. Then you would have a 3mm gasket or so.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Larry, great idea, I also would like to go for the best of both worlds, especially because I most of the time drive only 10 miles trips.
    So with the 2mm gap you actually mean the gap, compressed in the drycell. Then you would have a 3mm gasket or so.

Frank
    Frank, I really do not think that most gaskets will compress 50%. If they do you should move to a material a little harder on the Duro scale. I am using 70 Duro Nitrile and like it very much. If you want a 2 mm gap just get 1/8" nitrile or neoprene. When compressed you should be close to 2 mm.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Larry, did you ever get back those special coated plates?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    Larry, did you ever get back those special coated plates?

Gary
    Yes I have the plates back. I am building the vessel to house them now. I am doing away with all the holes and any possibility of current leakage. I have cut the 1" acrylic material to size and have them at a machine shop now milling in slots to hold the plates. I should get them back today and start assembling them this weekend. Solvent welding and preparing the acrylic for a strong leak proof seal is very exacting work and takes time. I built an acrylic resevoir that I have pressure tested up to 50 psi with no leaks. It is all made from 1/2" acrylic sheet. I hope to begain the plate clensing process by next week.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Larry if you want to experiment with only two plates of the special coating to compare with regular Stainless steel of two plates, I can build you my BRUTE FORCE POWER SUPPLY, then you can set it for around 1.5 to 2.5 volts, and with only two plates, there will be zero leakage so the data will not be effected by leakage.

You can also turn it up to as high as 15 volts @ 100 amps

I'm waiting for my high current diodes, but as soon as I get them, I would like to give it to you. It would be my small contribution to your hard work on HHO

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    Larry if you want to experiment with only two plates of the special coating to compare with regular Stainless steel of two plates, I can build you my BRUTE FORCE POWER SUPPLY, then you can set it for around 1.5 to 2.5 volts, and with only two plates, there will be zero leakage so the data will not be effected by leakage.

You can also turn it up to as high as 15 volts @ 100 amps

I'm waiting for my high current diodes, but as soon as I get them, I would like to give it to you. It would be my small contribution to your hard work on HHO

Gary
    A variable voltage power supply would be the ticket to some in depth experimentation on voltage per plate gap with coated plates vs non coated plates. One of the biggest advantages to nano coating is the ability to effeciently make electrolosis happen at lower voltage. I will have 4 extra plates that I have had coated not going into this build.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    A variable voltage power supply would be the ticket to some in depth experimentation on voltage per plate gap with coated plates vs non coated plates. One of the biggest advantages to nano coating is the ability to effeciently make electrolosis happen at lower voltage. I will have 4 extra plates that I have had coated not going into this build.

Larry
    Great, it's yours you can crank it as low as you want even down to 1/2 a volt by just pulling out one secondary winding no tools or soldering iron needed, here is a picture of mine, but please keep in mind the diodes on the next ones will be two 80 amp diode metal cased bridges in parallel, bolted to a large finned heat sink, and I will throw in a fan, so you can run this for many hours at a time

The diode bridges will be from the same manufactures lot, but I’m going to match them up as much as possible so they both share about same current, I’m sure 100 to 140 amps will be possible

Gary

Photobucket