Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First test results

First test results

We did some testing today using electrodes made from galvanized steel plates used to couple wood beams in building houses. they are about 8 inches by 5 inches and riddled with holes for nails to go through. We ended up with the zinc coating coming off, and into the water, but they worked pretty well, I was impressed.

Configuration was:

+nn-nn+

I spaced them out with tie wraps, so they are evenly spaced.

Looks like a pretty solid design, we might try +nn-nn+nn- to see if it works any better.

-MP

bagrman Guest

Electro plating

The process of making HHO is basicly mimics the process of electro plating. Thats' why most generators are ran with stainless.

Latr

yep...

I'm going to try to find some stainless, but our existing setup works well, I guess it will just break down in time.

eddie323i Guest

hi

I just got my unit installed in my truck V8, galvanized plates, it works fine the only problem it leaves this nasty brown foam.
    and my configuration was: --- nnn +++
    and the + positives and - negatives plates all tight together separated by the neutral. it works fine.
    im just concerned about the water molecules inside the engine
    do you think we'll have a problem later on ?

Bissli Guest
    Stainless steel single gang light switch covers work well, lowes or the orange store has them.

i'm currently using stainless steel tubes

Bissli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie323i View Post
    I just got my unit installed in my truck V8, galvanized plates, it works fine the only problem it leaves this nasty brown foam.
    and my configuration was: --- nnn +++
    and the + positives and - negatives plates all tight together separated by the neutral. it works fine.
    im just concerned about the water molecules inside the engine
    do you think we'll have a problem later on ?
    i've heard that using other metals besides stainless steel will give off metalic gases. might consider stainless if your worried about long term engine life.

eddie323i Guest

Hho

Has anybody try to make the stanley mayer cell?
    it has some electronic plate that control the amps and volts, i wonder how hard would be to make stanley's cell.

bagrman Guest

Looked at too many

I've looked at to many designs to know the name of them all, the ones that seem to work the best are the tubes , one inside of the other and the gang box cover plates. For injected cars I know that you need to control the O2 sensor to lean out the motor. and on carburetored cars you would need to jet it down. I have seen them with the plates +nnnn-nnnn+ and they produced a lot of gas.

Latr
    Chris

cemkarakurt Guest
    i am using coustic soda .
    keep my plates clean but still i am testing but if you going use coustic soda you need to test in out side of the house or you need good ventilation.
    my plates are 7 inc by 3.5 inc i have tray -nn+nn-nn+nn- and 8mm speacing or i use 4 mm speacing it is best prodation i ever get but oll my testing is dane by battery charger 12v by 20 - 25amp.
    when i tray to conect the in to car when is car ranning hho cells are sucking to mach power from the car is any one have any information or id have can i limit power frome car to cells.

TO: eddie

Eddie. If you are getting brown anything, that is a function of the electrolyte. Did you build into your system a "blowback" bubbler?

ie:

tube supplying HHO comes out of the creation "tank"... feeds into a downward facing tube housed in a tube of "pure" cold water. bubbles into said water and the seal of the container containing this water feeds to the engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Gh2ieBUek

That's the best example I can find in a pinch. But you see the Right tube? The top of that needs to be feeding your engine. Not a direct feed from the HHO creation tank.

Otherwise you risk not only putting some unwanted stuff into your intake, But possibly some really funky byproducts!

That's my 2c

-MP