Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HHO Loss

HHO Loss

I read somewhere that hydrogen that is released into the atmosphere will bond back with any water molecule that it encounters. I have been thinking about that and now wonder if anyone knows if that is true and if so, would it be deleting our hydrogen production by running it through a bubbler filled with water.
    Someone please enlighten me.

If that were the case how does an HHO torch which has a bubbler work?

Dave Nowlin

I don't know. That's why I asked. Maybe it does loose some but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I read somewhere that hydrogen that is released into the atmosphere will bond back with any water molecule that it encounters. I have been thinking about that and now wonder if anyone knows if that is true and if so, would it be deleting our hydrogen production by running it through a bubbler filled with water.
    Someone please enlighten me.
    I am no chemist but I do know that water is H2O. If hydrogen did bond with water it would be like H3O or H4O. Since we know that is not then I doubt that it happens. I am sure there are many people here who could give a better answer though.

Larry

I might be wrong, but if we were adding extra hydrogen to water molecules we'd be creating heavy water... WWII hydrogen bomb research stuff. I highly doubt it.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

I have been doing a lot of reading and researching to find an answer. From what I have read so far, Hydrogen has a weak positive and oxygen has a very strong negative charge. Water will only have H2O but you can seperate them with heat or voltage. Everything that I've read says that anytime you seperate H2O, you will also make steam. Nature does this with heat by evaporation and since hydrogen and oxygen are both lighter then air, they rise till they get in the upper atmosphere where it is cooler and thats when the oxygen starts attracting the hydrogen. Then comes the rain.

I haven't found anything that states how oxygen attracts hydrogen, if it's one at a time or two at once. If it was one at a time, I don't know what HO is.

Now, this leads me back to my question. When we separate H and O, then run them through a bubbler, are they starting to cool to the point that maybe some of the oxygen is starting to attract hydrogen?

Maybe the bubbler needs to be heated?

Maybe we would have better results if we could capture the hydrogen and get rid of the oxygen?

Maybe, it's nothing to be concerned with but I think it would be easier to construct a more perfect cell if I knew the answers.

When the hydrogen rises high into the atmosphere, it's going to experience extreme low pressure. Perhaps this is part of the reaction that occurs there?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    When the hydrogen rises high into the atmosphere, it's going to experience extreme low pressure. Perhaps this is part of the reaction that occurs there?
    I know that it gets colder so you probably got something there. The pressure would probably drop because of the temperature and also the altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    You can put HHO in a balloon and wait a few hours and it will still explode. Also there will not be any water in the balloon... the balloon will be a little smaller as the hydrogen will leak out slowly, but it does not recombine with the oxygen.
    That is very interesting. Then something else has to happen for them to join. Then that may be the pressure that Painless was talking about. But once it is ignited, it's supposed to return to water, but a balloon full probably wouldn't be a drop of water so it would be had to see. I wonder if being ignited or returning to water in the upper atmosphere has a relation? Maybe the pressure?

I'll have to do some more searching on them questions. Also some thought will have to be put into if that would benefit us in the construction methods.

Here is something that I just found that you might find interesting. If you want to read about it. Just search H4O. We need some of this water.

Article:
    Because of its chemical properties, it is extremely difficult to dissolve hydrogen in water;
    it cannot dissolve if its simply bubbled through water. So the question is how can we efficiently dissolve hydrogen in water and then keep it there?

Our unique method, which comes from extensive research, trial and error, accomplishes both these things.

H4O Hydrogen-Bonded Water contains a large quantity of molecular hydrogen, which can never be duplicated by electrolysis methods.