Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on eBay PWM

Feedback on eBay PWM

any thoughts on this? does it look decent?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PWM-P...Q5fAccessories

drumacc Guest

Have one

I bought one of these and I not sure of how well it works. It worked, yes, but I find its output suspect.

It is the first that I've bought, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I'd be interested in what feedback you get on this.

drumacc Guest

Question interesting

Found this site with the same unit as a DC motor control. I don't think that unit is really designed with hho optimization in mind...?

http://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=581

Quote Originally Posted by drumacc View Post
    Found this site with the same unit as a DC motor control. I don't think that unit is really designed with hho optimization in mind...?

http://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=581
    I have been using their products for ever. They work great for me.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Erik the Red Guest

PWM with Ajustable Frequency Control

Hi Guyz
    I have a 30amp PWM with Ajustable Frequency Control that I have not yet attatched to my Cell. Will the feature on this PWM help more in controling Voltage, Amperage Ect Ect Ect & help in fine Tuning my Cell's output?
    Hope to hear from sombody soon as I want to hook the divice up to my Cell soon. Many Thnx. E"!"

Quote Originally Posted by Erik the Red View Post
    Hi Guyz
    I have a 30amp PWM with Ajustable Frequency Control that I have not yet attatched to my Cell. Will the feature on this PWM help more in controling Voltage, Amperage Ect Ect Ect & help in fine Tuning my Cell's output?
    Hope to hear from sombody soon as I want to hook the divice up to my Cell soon. Many Thnx. E"!"
    Erik,

The PWM will allow you to dial in the amount of amps your cell is pulling. It works by rapidly switching the ground of the cell off and on. One benefit is that you can put maximum strength electrolyte in your cell and just dial in how many amps you want. KOH at 28% by weight will give excellent freeze protection as well as make your device more efficient by reduced resistance.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

How about feedback on these PMWs

I just want an inclosed PMW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300305483559

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220390962419

Im not sure if voltage adjustment has any benifit

wcorless Guest

enclosed PWM

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    How about feedback on these PMWs

I just want an inclosed PMW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300305483559

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220390962419

Im not sure if voltage adjustment has any benifit
    Hi, okay, i'm biased because I sell the first one you listed.
    But to answer your question the voltage adjustment is a sensitivity knob. The only adjustment this makes is the voltage the unit turns on or off at.
    The purpose of this adjustment is pretty much the main difference between my PWM and everyone else's.
    The idea for a voltage based switch came to me when I was doing an install on this persons car. I had placed the cell in a difficult to reach place and then started looking under the hood for a power connection. I mused wouldn't be easier if I could just connect the cell to the battery. I know this would have no control as it would be on all the time. So then the thought came to me "what if I could connect this to the alternator". The idea being that when the alternator energized I knew the engine would be running, then I could turn on the cell. Well I didn't know enough about alternators so I took another approach. Why not measure the car's voltage when it was running and then when it wasn't. I noticed that it was about 13VDC when the engine was off and about 14VDC when it was running.
    So the idea then became to develop a simple circuit that could turn the cell on when the car was running, and off when it was off again. That would make installing these things 10x easier. Just hook it up to the battery and then the cell, done. No more trying to run wires through the firewall or figuring out which wires to tap to get power.
    So the voltage switch circuit was borne. However another interesting side effect was discovered. Some times when HHO Cells draw too many amps the indication that there is a problem is your systems overall voltage drops. Left unchecked, you can burn out your alternator. Well this can happen fast, and if you aren't paying attention, you will be paying for a new alternator.
    This circuit shuts the cell off so you wont damage your alternator. The constant current feature of the PWM is virtually the same as ZFF and Shane's PWM's as seen on this forum, with a few other mods as well.

The reason I use a plastic case is 2 fold. My first PWM was an all aluminum design like ZFF. The case got so hot it burned my fingers. The idea of an aluminum case is simply to have the case act as a passive heat sink. However the fact that it is metal means when you install it in the vehicle it can easily short out if it touches anything metal that is grounded. So wrapping it with tape isn't a good idea either as it wont dissipate heat well. I then decided the MOSFET is the only thing that needs a heat sink, so I moved it to the heat sink and put everything else inside a plastic enclosure to keep it dry. Also plastic works as a great insulator, so if you put the case against the metal parts of the car, no problem. Another point is the aluminum case can be destroyed by Sodium Hydroxide or Potassium Hydroxide, both are used as electrolyte in these cells. The studs that mount the heat sink are great places to connect bungees or tie straps to attach this unit easier in the vehicle.
    So that is pretty much how this device has evolved. I believe it is the best deal on ebay, and is less than $60. Plus the switch can also turn on your other electronics such as any MAP/MAF or EFIE enhancer you may have. Obviously this makes sense because you don't want them running if your cell isn't, so this power control unit makes sense and HHO mo' betta as we say here in Hawaii. Well I hope that answered some questions as to why everyone using HHO should be using the PCU-2.

Here is a link to my store: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/water2ga...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Wcorless, i did receive your (now mine) PMW. I have to say it is very impressive. I opened it up to see where i could place screws for mounting and i have to say it looks better than what i expected.

Down side It came with the old wiring diagram of the last model but you sent me the new Diagram within hours. The new color coded wiring diagram is awesome. So easy a caveman or even I can do it.
    If it performs as good as it looks it really is a super value.

I understand the voltage switch great idea.

wcorless Guest

PCU-2a

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Wcorless, i did receive your (now mine) PMW. I have to say it is very impressive. I opened it up to see where i could place screws for mounting and i have to say it looks better than what i expected.

Down side It came with the old wiring diagram of the last model but you sent me the new Diagram within hours. The new color coded wiring diagram is awesome. So easy a caveman or even I can do it.
    If it performs as good as it looks it really is a super value.

I understand the voltage switch great idea.
    Thanks Roland for your kind words. Yes things keep changing here pretty fast, its hard to keep up with everything. I'm real excited about some future designs including a new 200 Amp design, and also a 2 piece design that allows you to control your cell from inside the car. Be on the lookout for that.
    Bill