Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on eBay PWM

bigjim56 Guest
    wcorless/biilybuckhi (ebay),

Do you send these at preset amperage draws (20 amps)?

Also, how long of a wait to ship?

Roland, any feedback from your operation yet?

bigjim56

wcorless Guest

PWM Constant Current Pulse Width Modulator HHO PCU 50A

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim56 View Post
    wcorless/biilybuckhi (ebay),

Do you send these at preset amperage draws (20 amps)?

Also, how long of a wait to ship?

Roland, any feedback from your operation yet?

bigjim56
    Well the shipping time has varied from 4 days to two weeks. Depends when you order one, and our inventory status.
    I can have it set for a certain amperage according to my cell, but it might change if the knob gets moved during shipping. Best to buy the version with built in meters.

So, any results on Real world users of these Yet???
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Question Another Ebay PWM. 55A continuous rated.

I've seen this PWM on Ebay, which looks pretty good. anyone here used one of these?

Cheers,
    Martin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PWM-P...ht_4738wt_1187

I got the 30amp version from this guy. my first one worked for a couple hours. I contacted him, he sent me a replacement, and that one lasted a couple hours longer. I gave up on him.
    take it how you will.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Question

Do you know what went wrong with them. They look pretty solid...

ALL I can say for certainty is the SPADE connectors area got WOBBELY when they stopped working. I'm no Electrician, so I can't SAY for certain WHY, but I felt with LOOSE Spade connectors, That was the problem. And, without certainty, I felt this was the problem. Maybe I should have persued the issue a little more, but that's how I am. I gave him 2 trys. I wasn't going to give the 3rd. I just bought some Zero Duplicates.... Sorry Shane, they weren't yours....
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

When you're dealing with currents >5A, you should NEVER use spades. I'm suprised these units use them. Yuck.

The reason why, is(as rcflyn pointed out), they start to get slightly loose due to mechanical stress when a wire gets pulled or moved around. This "looseness" eventually gets to the point where the connection is only making contact in a small area of the spade. Once that happens, the high current starts to produce lots of heat at that loose connection. When the metal gets hot, it's even more likely to get even more loose. The end result can be pretty bad... melted wires or worse, fire.

Zero did it right with the bolts. You really should use lock washers and double nuts to make sure the wire never gets loose.

Phil, I sure wish a statement like that would have been made available for me to read before I made the unwise decision to buy my first PWM.... But, I guess that's what this whole Process is about. Live and Learn. Hopefully, some of us will Learn from others mistakes. which is why I offer my mistakes when ever I can.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

Great! Another design decision made - Don't use spade connectors on the dry cell plate connections.
    I'm picking that with stainless steel, the electrical connection would be even worse than a brass connection too.

Great info - and possibly a catastrophe avoided.

Cheers,
    Martin.