Thread: Please add a filter...

Blinger101 Guest

Please add a filter...

Ok, I know I don't post here much, but I can't be the only one who is getting sick and tired of all these spam bots getting in. What kind of filter do we have in place to stop spam bots from registering as users? Is there even a filter at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Blinger101 View Post
    Ok, I know I don't post here much, but I can't be the only one who is getting sick and tired of all these spam bots getting in. What kind of filter do we have in place to stop spam bots from registering as users? Is there even a filter at all?
    We do have filters in place that stop the spam bots, the spam you're seeing is actually human posted spam. Believe it or not, the amount of spam is tiny compared to when we had nothing in place.

The bots are easy to stop, unfortunately, the only avenue for human spam is banning IP addresses. Past that, a keyword filter could be used, but that could cause posting issues as well.

The amount of spam we receive is the price we pay for being very high on the search engine lists. This is a popular forum!

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

We do our best, I haven't seen any reported posts in a while, so maybe we have them licked?

spam

installed Q&A today.

hope it works.

Me too, this is getting rough!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

looks good so far!

Quote Originally Posted by TeknikL View Post
    looks good so far!

I think you got it stopped!!! Good cuz it was almost as annoying as this marquee

Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.