Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas flow meter

Gas flow meter

Can anyone recommend somewhere to purchase a meter for measuring my HHO gas LPM rate?

Thanks in advance,

Russ.

dennis13030 Guest

Great! Thanks, Dennis!

dennis13030 Guest
    Your welcome! The VFA($31.50) or VFB($43.25) series looks good.

If you use these, I recommend that during the time you are taking measurements that you do not use a bubbler at the same time. The bubbler tends to make the readings a bit unstable(bouncing).

dennis13030 Guest

The Cheap Method

See my image below.

Great link Dennis, I like the VFB-67-SS ($47) because it measures 1 to 20 LPM...I like the room to grow, though I really doubt I will ever produce much beyond 5 LPM in my wild dreams. I did see a youtube video with a fella running a 2 hp motor with 18 LPM...Motor was at idle, but solid...sounded like the timing was a bit off, too.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    Great link Dennis, I like the VFB-67-SS ($47) because it measures 1 to 20 LPM...I like the room to grow, though I really doubt I will ever produce much beyond 5 LPM in my wild dreams. I did see a youtube video with a fella running a 2 hp motor with 18 LPM...Motor was at idle, but solid...sounded like the timing was a bit off, too.
    Was the 2 hp motor running ONLY HHO or a mix of something + HHO?

dennis13030 Guest
    Kinds related to this thread,

Does anyone know of a low cost device that measures gas flow AND can be read digitally by a PC??

That sort of measuring would be HOT!!! Would be able to graph things out to visually see things going on with the numbers.

As for the 2 hp, it appeared that he was using straight HHO, 18 LPM of it. The Cells he was using were monsters and drawing something like 109 volts, dont know about how much amperage, but the bubbles looked like a hot tub, and the gas outlet hose sounded like a dentist office type of hose sound...LOL...He has a dry rag in the gas tank and had the hose plugged to the carb...
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Jaxom Guest

Accuracy?

I noticed that these meters are rated in LPM of air. Would the difference in weight between air and HHO affect the accuracy of these meters? On one hand it would seem that flow volume is flow volume regardless of what substance it is, but these meters are based on the airflow pushing the weight of the little plastic ball in there up, so maybe a change in the weight of the gas would change how much it takes to move the weight of the ball to a given height....

I dunno it's just something that crossed my mind.