Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Water Won't Improve Your MPG: A PM and Dateline NBC Investigation

Exclamation Why Water Won't Improve Your MPG: A PM and Dateline NBC Investigation

Why Water Won't Improve Your MPG: A PM and Dateline NBC Investigation

More than once, Popular Mechanics senior automotive editor Mike Allen has debunked the myth that you can triple your fuel economy by burning the hydrogen from water in your car. Now, he's teamed up with Dateline NBC and an EPA-certified emissions lab to test hydrogen generators, fuel heaters, fuel-line magnets and acetone fuel additives, once and for all. Read about it now, then watch the Dateline special on Sunday at 7pm EST.
    By Mike Allen
    Published on: March 27, 2009
    ….

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4310717.html

The HHO community’s response? Send them email complaints.

BULL! Send them proof if you have any.

BoyntonStu

Bupkis LOL

translation goat sh*t

[QUOTE=BoyntonStu;26592]Why Water Won't Improve Your MPG: A PM and Dateline NBC Investigation

Stu, Obviously anyone can make a documentary to prove just about anything they want to based on what they do and how they do it. I am sure most of you have seen this. If not it is worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INquIAnpH4s

This cell is pure crap. There was a person in town installing these for $1895.00 installed. He was so busy that there was a 2 month waiting list to get in because of this video. I have personally torn one apart that we took off a trade in. It is a POS with maybe $50.00 worth of parts that might produce 1/3 lpm.

Let them test anything they want. They will report exactly whant they want to and make it beleivable just like the video here did.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Did you email that video to date line?

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    Did you email that video to date line?
    No I could care less about dateline. It is all about ratings and selling commercials! They could care less about anything else period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is all about the dollar just like the Hydro4000 people. Their device was and is junk but the dollar is king.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Shame on Dateline and Popular Mechanics for going to a third party to install a system, especially a system from someone who claims to triple the mileage, this should have been an eye opener, but for TV ratings and reporting by some brainless reporter. They them self have flawed the test by placing trust in someone who does not have a clue as to what it takes to make HHO work.

Both should have done their homework...

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeViper View Post
    Shame on Dateline and Popular Mechanics for going to a third party to install a system, especially a system from someone who claims to triple the mileage, this should have been an eye opener, but for TV ratings and reporting by some brainless reporter. They them self have flawed the test by placing trust in someone who does not have a clue as to what it takes to make HHO work.

Both should have done their homework...

They think they did

coffeeachiever Guest
    I logged on to tell the forum about the Dateline report. I should have figured you guys would have known about it beforehand. Good catch Stu.
    I didn't know about it and just caught it by chance. What a load of crap, huh? One more score for "The Man".
    Anyway, I passed the first of two test to be a nationally registered medic. Second test is later this month or first of next month. Still studying my brains out so I guess I'll talk to you guys again when it's all over.
    Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeachiever View Post
    I logged on to tell the forum about the Dateline report. I should have figured you guys would have known about it beforehand. Good catch Stu.
    I didn't know about it and just caught it by chance. What a load of crap, huh? One more score for "The Man".
    Anyway, I passed the first of two test to be a nationally registered medic. Second test is later this month or first of next month. Still studying my brains out so I guess I'll talk to you guys again when it's all over.
    Be safe.
    Drink some more Starbucks and good luck with your testing. Hurry back.

Larry

First off I totally beleive that Dennis Lee is a crook and a scam artist. I also beleive that his device is a very ineffecient HHO cell that probably can not help. My only question is what happened to the test drive that they took with the installer and got 57.77 mpg? Why don't they just fill the car up and drive it a couple hundred miles and fill it up again. I will tell everyone why. With a dyno they can control the conditions. With normal driving they can not control the hills.

RATINGS!!!!!!!!!!! That is why. Bad news is what sells period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Trade just put another black eye on this technology. That is the shame in all of this.

I do not beleive that Dennis Lee's device is real but I hate controlled BS!!!

All of us that really beleive now even have more hard work to do. That is a shame.

Larry