Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have an idea for a bubbler than will get rid of all or most of the kOH in the mist...

bigjim56 Guest
    The back pressure is exactly why I'm staying away from the tube design flame arrestor. The way those are packed, it seems back pressure would be a problem. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this. I've not used one, but have seen youtube videos on fabrication and read threads about them.

I'm going with the plastic membrane for pressure relief instead. I want the HHO more free flowing. The more restrictions you put on it, the lower output you'll experience. It does get some inherant back pressure from having to overcome the head of the bubblers(S) volume since its expelled to the bottom of these bubbler(S).

The water4gas design with its minimal output has very low pressure, the dry cell has more pressure producing capabilites because it produces more. When I did the bubble flash test w/the W4G I had to prop the effluent hose in an upward direction for the gas to rise and inflate the soap solution. It did not respond well at all when I tried to send it in any direction other than up.

With the dry cell, I was able to route the HHO to a reservoir that was slightly higher than the dry cell, THEN to the bottom of a bubbler that was at the same level as the reservoir. In other words the dry cell produced enough pressure to overcome the head of the column of water in the bubbler, there's no way the W4G could do this. That's pressure. A column of water (bubbler) has gravity pressure that has to be overcome in order for anything to be expelled in the bottom of it. Sometimes its not much, but it's there.

One last example, if your going to inject a chemical into a 100 psi water line.
    You have to overcome the 100 psi initial pressure before you have a chance of injecting anything. A pump with a 125 -200 psi output capability would do it.

bigjim56

bigjim56 Guest
    Injectors/eductors, been there, done that, use them almost every day.

My W4G design doesn't produce much at all like I said, that's why I built the dry cell. My 6 pack of w4g are of the smaller pint jars, they started off using the baking soda, and now I'm using NaOH and DI, scrubbed & wire brushed in between. I know they produce HHO because of the bubble flash tests. The pressure that they exult is miniscule compared to my dry cell experience.

I took the effluent hose from the w4g (all 6 cells) and laid it into a bowl of soap solution, and it couldn't overcome THAT head. The hose was up and sideways as best as I could w/o spilling the soap solution. I've did intense sealing of the cells, so the only way out is the effluent hose. I'm just not impressed w/w4g design at all. Of course its my first build, so if I was to do it again, I could build them much better. Its a stepping stone into the dry cell. Sure it wows everybody to see you blow up water bubbles, but for my needs, I want more.

bigjim56

I just want to know if the carbon filter will work or might work in filter out the KOH in the mist. I think it will and i will give it a try and let yall know what i find out.