Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry Cell for sale 21 plates 316L $125.00

Dry Cell for sale 21 plates 316L $125.00

OK I have a dry cell for sale that I bought off e-bay, it is 316L and has 21 6 x 6 plates clear organic glass end plates and 1/8th inch gaskets. It will produce anywhere from 1 liter to 4 liters a min depending on setup and concentration. Here is the link to ebay with pics and full description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_9438wt_1514

This unit has been run for about 10 hours, and the only thing I changed was the bolts to brass to handle higher amps. If your interested send me a pm with your zip code and I will get a shipping quote. please serious inquires only as I don't feel like looking up shipping rates to 20 different destinations. First come first serve. If you are near Chicago, IL you could also come pick the unit up.

Thanks,
    Keith

LOWERED PRICE $100.00.

Franky Guest
    Hi,

If I look at the time and effort and product costs that it takes to build one of those cells that 100 dollars is almost a give away... a bargain in my opinion...

that should be sold in a day max, otherwise you could put in on Ebay again, modified version.........

Frank

I'm confused, on how well it works but a 100 bucks is a give away anytime for sure

Why are you selling it if it works well?

Sorry for no replies I didn't see my post come up in the new posts that I try to check daily. I believe it is a steal too but no offers yet. As far as the unit goes I might just keep it now because I went to put the whole thing back together after cleaning all the plates and one of the end plates cracked, so now it needs a new end plate as well. It would probably only cost 25 dollars at a local plastic shop but still a pain in the butt if anyone is interested. As far as the cell goes I have moved on to a more efficient design, not that this one is bad but it is just not as good so I don't need it anymore.

Personally I wish I could have bought all my cells used on here when I started my testing because I would have saved a TON of money finding the best in each design. Instead I bought a bunch that were decent cells about the same as most dry cells but each had there own special twist. Now I have designed one for myself that is better and I am just trying to recover some of the $1,000 I have spent on various dry cells.

So no there is nothing wrong with this cell BUT I did change the design to a 4n5 because it was far better then the original 3n6 that it was designed for.

Feel free to make an offer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keiththevp View Post
    Sorry for no replies I didn't see my post come up in the new posts that I try to check daily. I believe it is a steal too but no offers yet. As far as the unit goes I might just keep it now because I went to put the whole thing back together after cleaning all the plates and one of the end plates cracked, so now it needs a new end plate as well. It would probably only cost 25 dollars at a local plastic shop but still a pain in the butt if anyone is interested. As far as the cell goes I have moved on to a more efficient design, not that this one is bad but it is just not as good so I don't need it anymore.

Personally I wish I could have bought all my cells used on here when I started my testing because I would have saved a TON of money finding the best in each design. Instead I bought a bunch that were decent cells about the same as most dry cells but each had there own special twist. Now I have designed one for myself that is better and I am just trying to recover some of the $1,000 I have spent on various dry cells.

So no there is nothing wrong with this cell BUT I did change the design to a 4n5 because it was far better then the original 3n6 that it was designed for.

Feel free to make an offer!!!
    Why not post some pics here

Because it was easier to just post the eBay link that already had 6 huge pictures on it. But I guess now that It has a cracked end plate I'll take some pics when I can so you can see it.

Franky Guest
    Keith,
    I am also building my own drycell, it takes much more work then I would imagine, and as far as costs concerned, I dont know how some guys can sell their cells so cheap... Okay I do use .060 thick SS plates which are thicker then most people use and cost some more (next time I will use thinner ones).
    So a hint if anyone is interested in building their own drycell, save yourself time and money... I would buy the one keith is offering.

I have one question Keith, do endcaps crack easily when thightning the bolts because they bend a little...

Frank

Eli87 Guest
    Keith, you have a PM.

do u still have?? and link doesnt work.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.