Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Positive News Reports

SamB52 Guest

Next article, too

Quote Originally Posted by Genchaos View Post
    Hrein Energy Successfully Test Drives 1.2L Vehicle With Retrofitted Organic Hydride System
    February 29, 2008

The organic hydride dehydrogenation reactor is mounted inline in the exhaust system. Click to enlarge.
    Hrein Energy, in cooperation with Futaba Industrial Co., Ltd, ITO Racing Service Co. Ltd.. and Dr. Ichikawa Masaru, a professor emeritus of Hokkaido University, has successfully test-driven a 1.2-liter Nissan March retrofitted with an on-board organic hydride system (earlier post) that delivers supplemental hydrogen to the gasoline engine.

Adding several percent of hydrogen dehydrogenated from the organic hydride to the intake air supported very lean-burn combustion. Fuel efficiency was improved by 30%; CO2 emissions were cut by 30%; and concentrations of CO and NOx were “considerably reduced”, according to the company.

You can read more on this at http://www.greencarcongress.com/h2/index.html

These guys must be nuts! 30% increase in fuel savings?? Next we'll be reading that we're NOT wackos!

More details at this website http://www.hrein.jp/english/pressrelease/index.htm

They appear to be doing what we are but generate the hydrogen a different way.
    Nice find!
    They "dehydrogenate" a complex organic compound while we are "dehydrogenating" water. Their target rate was 3 cubic meters per hour, or 3000 liters per hour, which is 50 liters per minute, for a 1.2 liter engine. There's the challenge...for my Hemi I would need 5X that, or 250 lpm...I need the ghost of Stan Meyer to help me with this one!

The next article in the Green car congress was also interesting...

"A memo prepared by the Santa Clara Valley (California) Transportation Authority (VTA) for the Transportation and Planning Committee of its Board of Directors reports that the average total operating cost per mile of the agency’s three hydrogen fuel cell buses is $51.66—32 times the average total cost per mile for the conventional diesel fleet."

Unless the patrons are willing to pay 32 times the current bus fee, the VTA ought to put hho reactors on their diesel buses, which would clean up the air, drive down the current cost of operation(instead of 32X up)and forget about Al Gore's scam on CO2. Plant more trees and let photosynthesis handle the heat and CO2. Get a nice canopy of green over all those urban parking lots and the globe would cool right down...IMHO, of course!

As Roy McAlister said so eloquently, there are 800 million engines around the world right now, and the diesel is the most efficient engine created. Just improve the efficiency of the current engines with hydrogen, rather than replacing them, and you will have cleaner air and immediate fuel savings. And he is a fuel cell expert.

chris1200 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne View Post
    Is this typical?

I finished my Smacks Friday. My voltmeter only goes up to 10A, so I'm being careful powering up the cell.

Things change every time I power up the cell. The first time I put in enough KOH where the cell was pulling 8.3A. I let it produce about 3ltr of gas and then turned it off. I powered it up yesterday and it was pulling about 10A. Again I let it produce 1ltr of gas. No more KOH added. I powered up the cell this morning and it was pulling 12A ( hang in there meter.) Again 1 ltr of gas, no KOH added. Powered it up this evening and went through the same steps but now it's pulling over 15A. No more test until I get the ammeter I won on eBay today.

Fridays test I got about 300mltr/min., It's up to almost 1ltr/min now.

Anyone know why it is pulling more power every time I power it up?

From what I remember in chemistry, This happens because you are converting water to Brown gas (which goes to your engine), but the net amount of KOH remains the same in your jar (because you are not converting it to gas, it only helps electricity go through water) .

So, if you are removing water from your jar but not removing KOH, the ratio of KOH to water increases, Its like having higher KOH concentration and then conductivity increases. More current will be used.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I dont see how some people are reporting stellar results, and other say they get no gain at all. Even some of the members here are having a hard time getting gains. Yet there are some people out there that will say that it doubled their MPG or some such. What gives?

Something to chew on you got a old car with 150k on it, now you throw a HHO cell on it, even a crappy one with lots of bad steam.

Holy sh*t your car runs better you get better MPG then before you did, now you tell the world about it, your buddy does it to his old car, hell you don't want to dry this on a new car right.

So now you get a idea to make even a better one so you need some SS from your old one, ok you drive your old car with out the HHO, HOLY SH*T NO CHANGE WHAT HAPPENED.

MAYBE YOU CLEANED OUT THE ENGINE OF CARBON AND IT RUNS BETTER AND GET'S BETTER MPG

MY TWO CENTS

Gary

Good point. I bet that happens a lot. But one example would be my buddy's '89 s10 blazer. It's a v6. Well, that vehicle, if im not mistaken, was only supposed to get around 20 MPG city when it was brand new off the car lot. He is up to 32 MPG and all he does is city driving. So, he is getting far better than the automakers ever intended for that thing to get. And i have noticed that it seems to be the old cars that do the best. The newer cars all seem to have to really struggle. It must be something in the simplicity of the older cars, or something in the programming of the newer car's computers. But, even still, it is just a machine. All you have to do is find what is causing the problem and eliminate it. Just a lot more challenging i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    The newer cars all seem to have to really struggle. It must be something in the simplicity of the older cars, or something in the programming of the newer car's computers.
    The newer cars have multiple o2 sensors and a MAF which gives the ECU data. When using an HHO generator, the o2 sensors detect a lean burn situation & send that data to the ECU which then increases the amount of fuel to the engine. A MAF enhancer & 02 spacers are needed in that situation to fool the sensors.

Older cars perform much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

marchlabs Guest

marchlabs.com/hybridconversions.com

check out our products on our websites...

you cant make me check out your products on your websites...LOL
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I'm sold on the volo chip which will pluginto the coneter under the dash. If your using HHO it will lean out the gasoline, compensate for extra oxygen and change the timing (retard it).
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

Quote Originally Posted by Boltazar View Post
    I'm sold on the volo chip which will pluginto the coneter under the dash. If your using HHO it will lean out the gasoline, compensate for extra oxygen and change the timing (retard it).
    Are you using it yet?
    And is that the ONLY thing you have to do beyond the generator?
    Does it work on all applications?