Thread: H2O2? Hydrogen peroxide?

H2O2? Hydrogen peroxide?

Has anyone one thought, or tried, ordinary old Hydrogen Peroxide instead of water? Just a thought!

I was just reading about different chemicals and was wondering the same thing.

another idea might b to save your peroxide and use it as an electrolyte with some distilled water instead. it should work if im getting my high school chemistry right.

yea its (H2O2). it would be interesting to see what happens. I know they use (H2O2) in one of the the space shuttles rocket systems (Space Shuttle Launch Uses X-37 Specialized Hydrogen Peroxide Fuel). and it can eat a hole in anything like alien saliva . Ide be afraid to try and electrolyze it untill I check with a chemist
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Guys, try looking here first:

http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/ChemComp.asp

Enter aluminum or stainless 304/316 and then hydrogen peroxide 100%. You'll get 3% from most all normal venues such as Costco, Walmart, ect.

EDPM rubber has a D - Severe Effect, but Stainless and Aluminum have an Excellent rating at 100% H202 (which you probably will not obtain)

Now if you are talking about lab grade H202, then I'll have to say a prayer for you as the real danger is not corrosion but rather explosion. Jacking around with the high potency stuff is a quick way to break or kill yourself if you don't take extreme caution. H202 is known in the scientific community to be very unpredictable.

That's also why it's so damn intriguing.

When I make my own prototype printed circuit boards, I use the regular 3% H2O2. However, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some of the 36% solution. I'm pretty sure you can buy that online(or is it "off online"?). I think even 36% still requires a HazMat certificate which will be pretty damn expensive for shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    When I make my own prototype printed circuit boards, I use the regular 3% H2O2. However, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some of the 36% solution. I'm pretty sure you can buy that online(or is it "off online"?). I think even 36% still requires a HazMat certificate which will be pretty damn expensive for shipping...
    Oh damn! Didn't realize the HazMat part. Makes sense. Keeps the Homer Simpsons of the world from upping our tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    You can get FOOD Grade 35% Hydrogen peroxide from Most Good Health food outlets, GNC, or somethin like that. I used to get it several years ago for health purposes, and I think it was like $12 for 16oz back then. But haven't used it for several years, so I'm not sure what the cost would be now, but I doubt it's much different.
    But, Let me forwarn you. 35% food grade is some POTENT stuff. One DROP on your skin FRIGGIN HURTS. It'll stain your skin White. And I know there's even MORE Potent H2O2 out there, like the 100%.. I wouldn't even want to concider that stuff...
    However, I too was thinking of H2O2 at one point. And I came to the conclusion (from my Itty Bitty Mind), H2 "O2"... you're still getting 2 parts Hydrogen... But, Now, 2 parts Oxygen... 1 part more oxygen than plain water. I'm already getting a Lean code in my computer, so Wouldn't trying H2O2 just give me a LEANER condition??? Just going off that thinking, I scrapped the Idea of H2O2...
    BUT, I can also say this. I used to store my 16oz bottle in the freezer, and it NEVER Froze. So, I wonder if we could use this as an ANTI-FREEZE???????????????
    I still haven't upped my KOH Concentration to 28%, for some reason, that stuff scares me. I'm sure a 28% concentration will HURT if I get it on me (keep in mind, I'm still old school using a wet cell, Dry cell is in the building, and I haven't figgered out a way to check the cells without getting that crap on my fingers, Ok, Ok, OK... Gloves.... LOL)
    But anyways, thems theres my .02 worth....
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK