Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: creating an electromagnetic field

creating an electromagnetic field

I have read someplace that introducing a magnetic field during water electrolysis can increase production considerably. I have considered making an electromagnet and putting it above the cell. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

dennis13030 Guest
    I don't know about how effective it might be, however a simple way to try it would be to;

Use a cylinder design electrolyzer, a long insulated wire and wrap the wire around the cylinder. The more time you wrap the cylinder the stronger the magnetic field will be. Also, the magnetic field strength also depends on the amount of current running through the wire.

Just make sure that the current is not so great the you use too much power or melt the wire.

timetowinarace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis13030 View Post
    I don't know about how effective it might be, however a simple way to try it would be to;

Use a cylinder design electrolyzer, a long insulated wire and wrap the wire around the cylinder. The more time you wrap the cylinder the stronger the magnetic field will be. Also, the magnetic field strength also depends on the amount of current running through the wire.

Just make sure that the current is not so great the you use too much power or melt the wire.
    I've seen this done on one design with mixed results. Some claim better production, some claim it did nothing.

dennis13030 Guest
    On face value, the idea sound dumb to me.

On face value, the idea sound dumb to me.

Read this article, there are several more out there concerning magnetic fields and hydrogen. http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...2FElectrolysis

And this one: www.free-energy-info.co.uk/PatE14.pdf

mario brito Guest
    i'm very sorry if this is a stupid question, but why use a electro-magnet and not a permanent magnet ? why use more power from the car battery ? isn't the result the same ?

in my very limited knowledge, they both produce a magnetic field with a south and a north pole.

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mario brito View Post
    i'm very sorry if this is a stupid question, but why use a electro-magnet and not a permanent magnet ? why use more power from the car battery ? isn't the result the same ?

in my very limited knowledge, they both produce a magnetic field with a south and a north pole.
    I like your pix mario brito!

Chicks with biguns...oh yea!

or is that

Big Guns?

I have considered a perm magnet, but making an electro magnet is easy and I dont have to spend any money to do it...lol

mario brito Guest
    I like your pix mario brito!

Chicks with biguns...oh yea!

or is that

Big Guns?
    thanks

i've been using this image for several years now - on my msn, other forums, etc
    i believe it shows my way of looking at the world - don't judge the book by the cover !

mario brito Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    I have considered a perm magnet, but making an electro magnet is easy and I dont have to spend any money to do it...lol
    i understand your idea, but you can have powerfull free/almost free perm magnet just disassembling ( is this word correct ? ) a medium/big size speaker with the advantage of not adding heat to your system.

thanks