Thread: Oil Changers refused to do emission test on vehicle...

woscarr Guest

Angry Oil Changers refused to do emission test on vehicle...

I have a two jar water4gas type setup with amp meter and fuse connected to the air intake and looped in the pvc vacuum line. Quite basic nice and neat, I made a metal basket to hold the jars.

Well the fellow at Oil Changers here in Ottawa, Ontario. Corner of Prince of Whales and Meadowlands Dr. popped the hood and stared at the engine tilting and twisting his head before he took off to go fetch his manager. I knew something was up as I watched him do the car before mine, he popped the hood and stared in there for about two seconds before closing it again.

Well the manager stood there also starring down at the engine before turning to open the garage door and approaching me.

So what's that you got in there... Ahh ever hear of a brown's gas generator! Ahh No? Just cleaning up the mixture.. killin' some of those nasty pollutants ! (I explained to to him about it basically being pure distilled water, stainless steel electrodes and electricity producing hydrogen/oxygen which promotes cleaner/more complete burn in the combustion chamber) Well ah... I think I'll have to call the Ministry of Transportation on this one...

Well we argued back and forth for a few mins.. My argument was "what would it matter if I had two hamsters on a conveyor belt in there... If it passes, it passes... if it fails.. it fails. what the hell matters whats going in if what's coming out is a good thing ?"

In the end they wouldn't do it unless I removed it, I drove away.. for now!

If you goto the MTO web site, sure enough they have it stated their. You can't modify your engine in anyway.

I'm not happy with the man (you know...government) to say the least. I will be taking my gen off to do the emission test in the next couple days, then it goes right back on again.. sock it to the man !

So I guess no comparing results from my last test two years ago unless I move to another province, country.. planet !?

So is this really about the environment or the all mighty $$$

?

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by woscarr View Post
    I have a two jar water4gas type setup with amp meter and fuse connected to the air intake and looped in the pvc vacuum line. Quite basic nice and neat, I made a metal basket to hold the jars.

Well the fellow at Oil Changers here in Ottawa, Ontario. Corner of Prince of Whales and Meadowlands Dr. popped the hood and stared at the engine tilting and twisting his head before he took off to go fetch his manager. I knew something was up as I watched him do the car before mine, he popped the hood and stared in there for about two seconds before closing it again.

Well the manager stood there also starring down at the engine before turning to open the garage door and approaching me.

So what's that you got in there... Ahh ever hear of a brown's gas generator! Ahh No? Just cleaning up the mixture.. killin' some of those nasty pollutants ! (I explained to to him about it basically being pure distilled water, stainless steel electrodes and electricity producing hydrogen/oxygen which promotes cleaner/more complete burn in the combustion chamber) Well ah... I think I'll have to call the Ministry of Transportation on this one...

Well we argued back and forth for a few mins.. My argument was "what would it matter if I had two hamsters on a conveyor belt in there... If it passes, it passes... if it fails.. it fails. what the hell matters whats going in if what's coming out is a good thing ?"

In the end they wouldn't do it unless I removed it, I drove away.. for now!

If you goto the MTO web site, sure enough they have it stated their. You can't modify your engine in anyway.

I'm not happy with the man (you know...government) to say the least. I will be taking my gen off to do the emission test in the next couple days, then it goes right back on again.. sock it to the man !

So I guess no comparing results from my last test two years ago unless I move to another province, country.. planet !?

So is this really about the environment or the all mighty $$$

?

Wayne

they scratched their heads here in nc also. but they passed my truck ( after a million questions)

smartHHO Guest
    I am sure the guys here in Texas at Kuik Kar would pass it no problems. They kind of cool.

bigjim56 Guest
    I'd take it to a different shop. They shouldn't even lift your hood for an emissions test, just a hose to the tailpipe is sufficient here in the midwest. Don't be swayed by these clowns, they are what I refer to as the "Flat Earth People". So set in their ways that other ways are a threat to them. Befriend another shop mechanic and move on.

I've got a 6-pack of the smaller pint jars water4gas cells under my hood right now. Currently prepping for a dry cell install. I've not seen much gains yet, but a lot of it is due to my constant tinkering with the units and subsequent MAP/EFIE installations.

Curious if you've tried the PVC enhancer yet? It works just like water4gas said...for 1-2 months a solid black fluid substance oozed from the filter, then all of a sudden it quit. Hardly anything at all now. I think whats happened is the inside of the engine was steam cleaned. Thats the only thing I can deduct. There's 75000 miles on the engine, so I'm sure there was gunk buildup in there. It sure is running good now! Also, I'm running synthetic.

bigjim56

I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in California, where the smog test shop are private businesses, when you need a smog check you know you won't pass, you just go to the bad part of town find a shadey and skip the guy $100. Then you miraculously pass. This is what all the import and muscle car guys do who have removed all their catalytic converters and other emission devices, why shouldn't it work for HHO?

Cool smog shops

if you want to compare the two readings -- go to an independant smog tune up shop-- have them take your car inad "test" it in their machine and give you the readings-- I used to worka at one in Mesa, AZ and we "PRE-TESTED" cars everyday -- i.e. just b efre they drive off to go to the State AZ smog station for their test--- i used to tune up my motorhome etc and test for the leanest running operation etc-- a very usefull tool at the least-- i set my idle to 1000 rpm to 15.5 parts air to fuel mixture-- then set the "enrichments" steps in the AFB carb to 5 inches vacumn and the secondaries were at .125 inch each!! Stay out of the four barrells!!
    When i went to have my "official " test done the technician thought his equipment was broken, no way a 1970 Mopar wedge blew all zeros on the exhaust gas test!!!! AND I HAD NOT INSTALLED HHO YET!