The coating indeed protects the plates from further corrosion as well as can act like a catalyst.

The concept I was referring was to use very low current and high voltage and then attain the maximum production using cell resonance. The current systems including the PLL that I have come across for HHO in the net does not compensate for changes in cell parameters or the frequency will have to be manually adjusted for resonance. The PLL locks the frequency but will not necessarily mean at resonance at any given point of time due to various parameters affecting the cell eg; 1. Temperature 2. Coating that forms due to electrolysis 3. Change in water conductivity 3. Deterioration (due to aging) in plate geometry etc;

The current reversal was defaulted at 3 CP (a settable parameter named cell-period) ie; 2milliSeconds. If you have an ON gating set at 1 sec, ie the period of "2/1000" is quite a very very low value to have any detrimental effect on the plates I believe.

One way to reduce deposits is to use distilled water. The best way is to find out or quantify the gas production with and without the current reversal that was referred earlier in this thread. However, I will have to go ahead based on intuition and luck.

RTJ Nair