Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternating polarity to dislodge gas

Yes, I am sure that is why its moving. Still the water is moving because the hydrogen and oxygen are attracted to the neg and pos plates. If you switch that, then the water is going to have to change direction as well.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

mikestrikes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    Yes, I am sure that is why its moving. Still the water is moving because the hydrogen and oxygen are attracted to the neg and pos plates. If you switch that, then the water is going to have to change direction as well.
    So the farther they are apart the worse it would be then...... gotcha.

I think Stratous makes a definite point for consideration as to why this might not work. I guess, as with everything here, the only way to know is to try it. Once I have a cell up and running and know the output, I'll try something (probably with manual switching to start with) and see how the output compares.

I would probably start with the majority of the time spent in one polarity with a very small 'flick' and back to the opposite every second or so.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :

polarity reversal

I tried reversing the electrode polarity with a relay. Didn't seem to release any more bubbles, and gas production dropped significantly. Varying the frequency of the reversals did not make any difference either. Tested on a 12 plate, two sets of 6, +nnnn-, 316 ss, 0.067 spacing.

kirbysiville Guest

another idea for bubble release

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I was reading about your ideas concerning breaking free the bubbles from the plates. This reminded me of something I watched on UTube last night. The video is titled "Hydrogen HHO Four Series Clamshell Design (Ultrasonic Test)"
    I think this guy has the solution to your question.

countryboy18 Guest
    if you watch more videos on utube u will find one that say that the vibrations dont realy increse the out put of the cell.

dennis13030 Guest
    I believe countryboy18 is correct.

HHO that is trapped inside bubbles before they burst on the surface of the electrolyte only slow down the initial production.

Lets walk through an electrolyzer startup.

The initial conditions are;
    1. No Current flow
    2. No bubbles trapped or otherwise

Next, current is applied and bubbles start to form on the plates. When these bubbles become large enough, they break free of the electrodes and rise to the surface. Some of the bubbles burst right away while other bubbles on the surface gather together and take some time to burst. As long as the current is constant, the bubbles will continue forming on the electrodes at the same rate(excluding temperature changes). Shaking the electrodes will not change the rate of gas production. Shaking may reduce the initial delay between the start of gas production and release of the gas(bubble burst).

Atm0spher Guest

Something i have seen

i saw a guy on youtube using a mini sonic deal out of one of those mist things. you will have to look it up it is unbelivable how quickly that got rid of the bubbles i will try to find the link. its worth searching on your own i promise. good lick

Atm0spher Guest

timetowinarace Guest
    youtube is a poor source for information.

It's good for enternainment purposes.