Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternating polarity to dislodge gas

fuelcommander Guest
    Alternating the current is helpful for plate longevity. Every three months i switch my polarity and this will make my plates last a really long time. Im also controling the current and using a one GPM pump with a filter.

DOUBLEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelcommander View Post
    Alternating the current is helpful for plate longevity. Every three months i switch my polarity and this will make my plates last a really long time. Im also controling the current and using a one GPM pump with a filter.
    what kind of pump are You using?

In the swimming pool industry we alternate polarity to keep our plates clean. Build up that forms on one side tends to drop off when the polarity is switched. The question I have is this:
    It's said that a catalyst layer develops , that's why production increases as the cell gets "broken in" , will the polarity change remove or desolve this catalyst layer?

Static HHO Guest

No gain in production

If the goal is to increase production, by shaking off existing bubbles stuck on the plates, this has been tried, with no success. By that I mean, no increase in HHO production. A utube vid shows a guy who had installed an ultrsonic devise to his generator. When turned on, the fine/small bubbles joined together into large bubbles, the electrolyte solution cleared up but he reported no increase in HHO production. Ergo, good idea but not one to elevate the technology. Cheers, HHO-ing in N. GA

The only efficient way to shake the bubbles off the plates that I know is using a resonance drive unit that accually forces the bubbles to form between the plates.This is a very complicated system though,this pdf shows how it's configured on page 106.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter10.pdf

I suppose one way to test it easily, is to get a transformer that'll plug into the wall and give us 12V AC output. connect it to your generator and compare it to 12V DC (production)

Painless, you could remove the rectifier portion of your microwave power supply for this very easily and try it with your amoeba cell.

just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    Painless, you could remove the rectifier portion of your microwave power supply for this very easily and try it with your amoeba cell.

just an idea.
    Err. I'm thinking Boyntonstu is the Amoeba cell guy. You might ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    I suppose one way to test it easily, is to get a transformer that'll plug into the wall and give us 12V AC output. connect it to your generator and compare it to 12V DC (production)

just an idea.
    Yes, just use AC and the polarity would be changing 50 or 60 times per sec... excellent idea of comparing 12vDc and 12vAC .... that would define if reversing polarity would accelerate the HHO production... has anyone tried?

Hmmm maybe the fast pace of 50/60 won't allow enough time for the H and O to split onto each electrode... but I am curious to know what would happen..

Polarity change = longer electrode life

all you need is two relays and a flasher for blinkers to flip flop polarity . with a variable resister you can adjust the timing of the flasher.

but using the ultrasonic pong fogger is a good idea it causes the bubbles to implode releasing them from the plate.

Sorry guys, I have missed reading this discussion and have posted a topic on similar lines,

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=7519

There are few advantages I believe,

The formation of alternate bubbles ie O and H on the same plate due to alternating current will aid the lighter, more nos of H bubbles, to push the heavier O bubble up more quickly. The faster bubbles coming up will replenish electrolyte and increase the electrolyte density between the plates (assuming a constant formation of bubbles at a given amperage). If the bubbles delay and remain in the electrolyte, there will be a scarcity of electrolyte towards the top-end, between the plates, leading to lesser gas generation.

The frequency of alternation is something to be researched. Also, need to find out if we can use ultrasonic frequencies to generate cavitation in the liquid and thus aid the formation of bigger bubbles as is being done in ultrasonic cleaning systems. There is a brief article, in the below link, though a little off topic, will give some insight.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/j150182a001

However, they have found better yield at lower frequencies.

Reversing PWM DC is no big deal. A well designed MOSFET H-bridge can do that.

RTJ Nair