Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is frusterating

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    This is very interestig...

Q-hack, What are your gains so far? Did you try a wettcell earlier, before your drycell?

Franky
    Yes, my first cell was a Smack's style wetcell, with an output of .7 LPM. I then built a Zerofossilfuel design VSPB, that ouput was 1.2 LPM . Now I have a home made drycell sorta based on the EBN design. It outputs 4LPM @ around 60 amps. With the first two I saw absolutely no results that I could attribute to the HHO. My gains were only attributed to the EFIE. Once I purchased my EGT, it showed me that I was doing more harm to the engine than I liked. Now with the drycell I have noticed that my EGT temps are slightly lower, but it is still too early to tell if my 4LPM of HHO is actually helping out or not. BTW this is on a 3.0 litre Saturn VUE. I had to beef up the alternator to handle the extra current draw. Currently I am running several tanks of gas to see how the engine responds without the EFIE and just the HHO. My current thought is that with the slightly lower EGT I can probably run the EFIE such that my EGT's come back up to normal and that might increase my MPG. However, my new alternator does load down the engine quite a bit, so it may all be for nought.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Franky Guest
    I see, It would be nice to get some nice results.
    4LPM @ around 60 amps thats quit impressive, although the 60amps is indeed a lot and alternatortuning is a must.

I have run my drycell in my car yesterday for the first time, I havent tested lpm /mmw yet, I first need a decent ampmeter. If the amps are about 25-30 then I dont need to upgrade my alternator, I am curious what results it brings.

Frank

Cool design Qhack. This would be a really good test to see. If you can't get significantly better mileage from this then we are barking up the wrong tree!