Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H2 to O2 ratio

daveczrn Guest

H2 to O2 ratio

wondering if anyone knew what is best for hyddrogen to burn at with oxygen? what's the ratio?

A/f ratio for gasoline is 14.5/1 for normal everyday crusing. I was wondering what the ratio would be for hydrogen to burn perfectly.

as well is there a way of figuring out what would be the best A/f ratio for a F.I. car and what would be the best way of testing it?

dave

daveczrn Guest
    after doing some research around i was able to find that our HHO production burns perfectly. it's required that 2 atoms of hydrogen burn with 1 atom of oxygen, and it burns back into water.

this puzzles me though. Not that the the ratio of it because that definatly makes sense. What puzzles me is the o2 sensor problems. It is believed that the 02 sensor of a car reads the extra Oxygen in the exaust and richens up the fuel. this causes a reverse effect of what we are after and it ends up using more fuel to run the automobile. Now if that is true where is the extra oxygen coming from? if hydrogen and oxygen burn perfectly coming from water without extra air added to it then there will not be any extra oxygen.

I'll see what i can come up with later for me to get this right. there is alot of info out there... it's just not all in one place.,

jimbo40 Guest
    I have to say , you do have a real good point.
    So actually since the by product is back to water after the burn, then why is the o2 sensor detecting oxygen?
    Maybe the process is not complete yet and there is still oxy present.

daveczrn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo40 View Post
    I have to say , you do have a real good point.
    So actually since the by product is back to water after the burn, then why is the o2 sensor detecting oxygen?
    Maybe the process is not complete yet and there is still oxy present.

For the transformation to not be complete it would have to still be burning. Hydrogen burns quicker than gasoline does as well it would burn the valves if it were to still be burning when it exited the cycliner.

using an o2 extender is not an answer to fixing any computer problems. It is a very poor bandaid to the problem.

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daveczrn View Post
    Using an O2 extender is not an answer to fixing any computer problems. It is a very poor bandaid to the problem.
    I would tend to agree Dave. I would like to know what the ECM algorithm is related to the O2 sensor(s). When more Oxygen is detected, what is the ECM response? When less Oxygen is detected, what is the ECM response?

daveczrn Guest
    with more oxygen detected it should read a lean condition and add fuel. now i cant see the O2 sensor being able to "read" the oxygen content in water, unless it can in that case it would see a lean condition.

HHOWolfen Guest
    as I understand it, O2 sensors measure temp differences between outside and inside air, but I may be wrong

HHOWolfen Guest
    I believe that the best way to deal with ECUs will be to rewrite them entirely for HHO use, some genius will eventually do this

daveczrn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HHOWolfen View Post
    I believe that the best way to deal with ECUs will be to rewrite them entirely for HHO use, some genius will eventually do this
    I agree. But i am still having trouble understanding What is the correct way to re-write the ECU? what is the Correct HHO to fuel ratio? how much can you lean the engine and still have a good combustion without engine knock?

countryboy18 Guest

Smile

could the steam that be being made when the HHO is burned it makes H2O but the engin is so hot that to go from H20 to steam so then the o2 sensor be affected. maby idk i am just taking a shot at it.