Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a flow meter...

Looking for a flow meter...

I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to buy a relatively accurate flow meter. Hopefully reasonably priced, if possible. Desperately need a method to test output - other than filling a bottle with gas output. Please help. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jm3000x View Post
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to buy a relatively accurate flow meter. Hopefully reasonably priced, if possible. Desperately need a method to test output - other than filling a bottle with gas output. Please help. Thanks!
    Getting one that accurately measures Hydrogen will not be accurate for measuring Oxygen. and visa versa. I have never seen one that is designed to measure HHO specifically. At least not one that was truly accurate. Most people that sell them for HHO just use a standard Oxygen / air flow meter which is close enough for general use.

http://www.claflinequip.com/ProductD...=IWO9901000002
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    Getting one that accurately measures Hydrogen will not be accurate for measuring Oxygen. and visa versa. I have never seen one that is designed to measure HHO specifically. At least not one that was truly accurate. Most people that sell them for HHO just use a standard Oxygen / air flow meter which is close enough for general use.

http://www.claflinequip.com/ProductD...=IWO9901000002
    i have one of these, and if u produce any steam it f*cks up the reading. I dont use it any more.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jm3000x View Post

Make one for free out of soda bottles.

Much more accurate than a flow meter made for measuring the flow of a single gas.

BoyntonStu

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    i have one of these, and if u produce any steam it f*cks up the reading. I dont use it any more.
    Update please on you MPG gain?

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Update please on you MPG gain?

BoyntonStu
    actually right now none of my cars have HHO on them, Im still laid up with a broken leg. And i sold my 89 Caddy.

but will be going from wet to fry cell, my nephew has one of my wet cells in is 5 cylinder Audi, and he's getting 2 - 4 mpg more.

Will update sigy
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Make one for free out of soda bottles.

Much more accurate than a flow meter made for measuring the flow of a single gas.

BoyntonStu
    By soda bottles, you mean: running a tube into a 1 liter bottle with the bottom cut out & measuring how quickly it fills with gas & causes the bottle to rise out of a container of water? Just want to be clear & make sure this method is accurate. - I'm seeing a lot of outlandish output results recently online, & was curious if using a flowmeter removed the back pressure associated with water testing, and yielded higher readings (or if a lot of people are just full of it.) I'm looking for the best reading I can get without spending a ton. Thanks!

The normal Ball in tube Flow Meters, suck for our purposes. the air flow meters measuring dry HHO can be mathematically compensated (memory serves me they are about 30% off) the bottle method is far more accurate.

But for true accuracy use the bottle method and adjust for gas temp & atmospheric pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    The normal Ball in tube Flow Meters, suck for our purposes. the air flow meters measuring dry HHO can be mathematically compensated (memory serves me they are about 30% off) the bottle method is far more accurate.

But for true accuracy use the bottle method and adjust for gas temp & atmospheric pressure
    would this work

http://inspectusa.com/manometer-anal...ng-p-1224.html

Yeah that's the same brand i have. Thats for pressure... Thier type of flow meters are OK for quick references. But i prefer the bottle method for accuracy.

FWIW, Dwyer's tech support is awesome, just call them and they already have the conversion math formula done for HHO. they well let you know what to multiply your reading by to get correct flow. It would be good to post the correction factor if you get it.