Thread: Long term effects caused by using a HHO system

Question Long term effects caused by using a HHO system

Hello there,

I am pretty new here, I would like to hear your expert opinnions about side affects from using HHO system for the long run.

Is there anyone who thinks that by using the HHO for the long term, there would be any problems by the electronics in the car ? Premature wear of the engine and/or gear and/or car battery ? Any kind of accelerated depreciation for any part of the vehicle ?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by roywa View Post
    Hello there,

I am pretty new here, I would like to hear your expert opinnions about side affects from using HHO system for the long run.

Is there anyone who thinks that by using the HHO for the long term, there would be any problems by the electronics in the car ? Premature wear of the engine and/or gear and/or car battery ? Any kind of accelerated depreciation for any part of the vehicle ?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roy.
    If you have the filters and dryers set in place, the answer will be no.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Thanks for the answer.
    Any different opinnions of anyone else ?

Answers would be appreciated.

I think you will find most are the same................
    Hail HHO.

If you follow the filter/setup advice that you will find in the older posts on this forum you won't have any negative effects on your engine. If you try to not research what you're doing and not protect your engine then yes you will have side effects. I have approximately 40k miles on my car with hho and after I found this site and learned what i was doing wrong the vehicle has run great with the new addition of an hho supplement.

I say this because when properly filtered you shouldn't see the gas that is going into your intake port, it should be clear. The fog that you see in most videos out there for hho is actually the electrolyte that hasn't been filtered out of the vapor. You have to filter this out or you will have some small repairs to make.

Be Safe

The vapors are a mixture of electrolytes and steam in some cases, which would lend to a corrosion problem in the intake, throttle body, heads, and depending on your inlet location could wipe out your mass air flow sensor. Follow the necessary recommended precautions so as these things don't happen. Then there won't be any negative side effects.
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    The vapors are a mixture of electrolytes and steam in some cases, which would lend to a corrosion problem in the intake, throttle body, heads, and depending on your inlet location could wipe out your mass air flow sensor. Follow the necessary recommended precautions so as these things don't happen. Then there won't be any negative side effects.
    i agree. i have done over 60k miles and over a year and i know if i didnt have filters in place, i would have corrosion problems. i recommend you use about 2 wet filters and 2 dry filters.

in these videos you will see i have 2 wet filters installed. these are super important

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5J6ESWmjGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCxUbEqZ0XY