Thread: To play the Devil's advocate

To play the Devil's advocate

What if we are all on the wrong track by attempting to add more and more HHO to our engines. What did he say? Heresy, not really. If we are using HHO as a catalyst to help burn fuel more efficiently and get better fuel economy, then there has to be a certain amount which will cause this to happen. Any more after that we put in actually becomes fuel and may actually cause the operating parameters of the engine to change. It may actually need for the timing to be set differently than what the computer calls for. It also may increase the probability of the computer realizing something is happening and cause it to fight back. I think most of us realize we aren't going to make enough HHO for it to be the sole fuel source for our vehicles. With that thought in mind, maybe we should concentrate more on discovering just how much HHO is enough to optimize it's performance as a catalyst.

Dave Nowlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
    What if we are all on the wrong track by attempting to add more and more HHO to our engines. What did he say? Heresy, not really. If we are using HHO as a catalyst to help burn fuel more efficiently and get better fuel economy, then there has to be a certain amount which will cause this to happen. Any more after that we put in actually becomes fuel and may actually cause the operating parameters of the engine to change. It may actually need for the timing to be set differently than what the computer calls for. It also may increase the probability of the computer realizing something is happening and cause it to fight back. I think most of us realize we aren't going to make enough HHO for it to be the sole fuel source for our vehicles. With that thought in mind, maybe we should concentrate more on discovering just how much HHO is enough to optimize it's performance as a catalyst.

Dave Nowlin
    Dave, That is the million dollar question. With the differences in all the ECU's out there and even thr differences in programming from year yo year in the same make and model that answer would be a very difficult one to quantify. The best tests would be in a lab on a small motor with no electronic interference from an ecu. Then we could actually see how the burn is affected.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

truckman1966 Guest
    Carburetors FTW!

well im going to try HHO throttle production increase ...most of my driving is 70 mph and lower. I Figure it should not confuse the ecu as much and make it a little easier to adjust, now that the weather is starting to become better up here its time to play.

should have a DC/DC buck boost inverter finished in the next couple weeks with variable control. but its going to take a bit to find the right curve though.

nothing like some fun ..............
    HHOinventions.com

Quote Originally Posted by protecheqp View Post
    well im going to try HHO throttle production increase ...most of my driving is 70 mph and lower. I Figure it should not confuse the ecu as much and make it a little easier to adjust, now that the weather is starting to become better up here its time to play.

should have a DC/DC buck boost inverter finished in the next couple weeks with variable control. but its going to take a bit to find the right curve though.

nothing like some fun ..............
    How are you going to do this?

what part ?
    HHOinventions.com