Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Design

truckman1966 Guest

New Design

Well i hooked up my acrylic box style wet cell. the vacuum at idle on my toyota was too much to bear for my version 2.1. so i have upgraded! i'm going dry! i'll have pics up soon. I have 21 plates to work with. in the acrylic i had 2-9 plate stacks going -N+N-N+N-. seemed to work really well. not too much heat. so should i continue on this pattern for a dry cell setup? what do you guys think? -N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N- Got everything to make it happen in that plate setup

truckman1966 Guest
    oh. and the box style, i measured at 120 degrees, 12V, 15A, got almost 3 LPM. and the stacks weren't wrapped.

truckman1966 Guest
    i have checked the explosiveness in a seconday bubbler. got a couple videos. super efficient cell. just need to make a box that can withstand 18-20 in/hg vacuum. or go dry.

truckman1966 Guest
    nobody has anything to say about this one? i could really use some input

With a -N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N- @12V you will have a 6V per gap voltage drop. You only need 2V per gap anything more will generate heat. While you might get it to run for a few minutes, after several hours it would overheat and self destruct.

For a 12V setup it is recommended that you use +NNNNN- 7 plates total. You can also string this setup together in series +|||||-|||||+|||||-|||||+|||||- etc. This will give you more plate surface area without increasing the voltage requirement. This concept works with both wet and dry cells.

Hope this helps.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

truckman1966 Guest
    ok so between any given + and - will be 12V. if you were to put no neutral it would be a 12V gap. one neutral, 2gaps, 6V per gap. 2 neutrals, 3gaps, 4V per gap. 3 neutrals, 4 gaps, 3V per gap. 4 neutrals, 5 gaps, 2.4V. 5 neutrals, 6 gaps, 2V. is this correct? if so, and going off everythingi have read here it would be assumed that 4 or 5 neutrals would be optimal. i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that optimum production was at 2.2V gaps. please, correct me if i'm wrong.

truckman1966 Guest
    based on that logic and having 21 plates to work with, i would opt for a 4 neutral, 5 gap setup. -nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn- correct?

HHO Student Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by truckman1966 View Post
    i have checked the explosiveness in a seconday bubbler. got a couple videos. super efficient cell. just need to make a box that can withstand 18-20 in/hg vacuum. or go dry.
    It is better to direct your HHO gas line to the air filter box on the inlet side of the air filter. The hydroxy will still get sucked into the intake manifold and be better mixed so that equal distribution to all the cylinders is achieved. This will also have very low vacuum at this point of entry. And your air filter will help filter out any chemical residue from your electrolyte that would get into your engine which is not healthy for your engine internals. Again, vacuum is not needed since your hydroxy cell is producing positive pressure to push the gas to your entry point.

truckman1966 Guest
    well i'm already full on my way to dry cell. taking into account that my alternator makes 13.5V and i would run 4n, that would put me at 2.7V per gap. how much extra heat is this going to create? should i run a 5n setup at 2.25V? for my own visualization -> -NNNNN+NNNNN-NNNNN+

truckman1966 Guest
    ok. i finished and tested version 3.0! my very first dry cell.

http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/w...0504091721.jpg

i have it set up as a 19 plate. -NNNNN+NNNNN-NNNNN+ my battery static voltage is at12.53V. each plate measures 2.1V per gap. after running for 2 hours, electrolyte temp is 102F i haven't measured amperage or LPM yet. will get on that asap. thanks for all your help so far!