Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Design

plate arrangements

Just registered today and came across the discussion about plate arrangements and the voltage differences. I am running a 36 ss plate dry cell on an 03 Chevy Tahoe. The plates are set up NNN+NNN-NNN+NNN-NNNN+NNN-NNN+NNN-NNN. The Light just came on while typing this that i have been wasting 6 plates. Any way Im running baking soda electrolyte and blowing 45 amp fuses. Any suggestions?

truckman1966 Guest
    first off i would put the 6 extra N's in with the others and make yourself a 4n system. everything i have come to understand, when dealing with amperage, is directly proportionate to your electrolyte solution. more electrolyte = more amps. what is your mixture?

truckman1966 Guest
    ok. ran for 4 hours, 110F peak. played around with some of the plate setup. went to a 3N and a 1N setup. seems to me that the less N's i used, the more production with not much heat gain. the 3N setup peaked at 115F and the 1N peaked at 120F. still don't have a LPM measurement to go off of though. other than that, i got no leaks!

Quote Originally Posted by truckman1966 View Post
    first off i would put the 6 extra N's in with the others and make yourself a 4n system. everything i have come to understand, when dealing with amperage, is directly proportionate to your electrolyte solution. more electrolyte = more amps. what is your mixture?
    Ok, today I took my cell apart again. Cleaned and restacked plates in a 4 N set up. We were using baking soda for electrolyte so i had a mess to deal with on the plates. Put it back together and changed to KOH. This thing made Gas like crazy for about ten minutes then blew the 40 amp fuse. I put about table spoon to 3 1/2 quarts. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pbt308 View Post
    Ok, today I took my cell apart again. Cleaned and restacked plates in a 4 N set up. We were using baking soda for electrolyte so i had a mess to deal with on the plates. Put it back together and changed to KOH. This thing made Gas like crazy for about ten minutes then blew the 40 amp fuse. I put about table spoon to 3 1/2 quarts. Any suggestions?
    Either add one more neutral or get a PWM or lower the KOH concentration. Personally I would go to 5 neutrals and a PWM. Then add more KOH and use the PWM to control amps. That is where you will find your best effeciency.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

truckman1966 Guest
    relevance?

Quote Originally Posted by truckman1966 View Post
    relevance?
    SPAM... it is quite prevalent at times.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

truckman1966 Guest
    thank you.

Backed the KOH down seemed to help. Man that stuff is touchy takes very little to get a reaction. Got a 55 amp pwm ordered. Ill let you know how this works. We did get 22 mpg in town on an 03 Tahoe. Doesnt do so well on Hwy.