Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: generator ??s

countryboy18 Guest
    were can i find these chemicals you speek of? will thay have any affect on the pvc pipe? dosent it burn your skin if it get on you?

You can find the chemical sodium hydroxide in a drain cleaner at lowes or home depot. Look at the active ingrediants, its called lye, sodium hydroxide or caustic soda. Yes it will burn the snot out of your skin if you touch it with wet fingers or if your sweating. No it doesnt hurt PVC at all, thats why its used in drain cleaners.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

countryboy18 Guest
    thanks for were to buy it. it didnt know it was in drain cleans so of course it safe for pvc. wow an eye opener.

wlf89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy18 View Post
    why did you do the spiral design insted of plates i like the spiral but it looked like plates worked better. what is your view on the different configurations?
    this is just my first one i have ever made and i was just checking mainly to see if it would make bubbles and i am going to buy a cleanout with the screw on lid. do you think they would have a tight enough seal? i will probly also try one with plates and compare the two

countryboy18 Guest
    i am also waiting to find out if some one knowes for the type of cap will hold in the h2.

That cap will hold if its glued on. Are you running the unit on vacuum? or just allowing free flow into the engine?
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

countryboy18 Guest
    i am running under strong vacuum hopefull, if not i will run it into the intake pipe. would any teflon tape help seal up the threads up. or the liquid kind of teflon tape?

racer88 Guest

naOH - kOH

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/dry.html Link to buy naOH - kOH

countryboy18 Guest
    is there any diffrents in using Potassium Hydroxide
    KOH or Sodium Hydroxide NaOH. what are the pros and cons of the chemicals?

scottyhho Guest
    i bought some sodium hydroxide today from lowes. it's not in the cleaning supply isle. it's located in the plumbing repair section. it's made by robec and goes for about 7.85 a bottle. it's a yellow bottle. my water was real clean and not hot when i tried it. be careful!!! i got a tiny bit on my thumb and that stuff burns!