Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Locations

O2 Hybrid Guest

Cell Locations

Hello,
    This is my first post on this site, I am new this site on would like to introduce myself, ok so hi. My question is has anyone tried to install a HHO cell in a 2001 ford windstar van? It really seems cramped for space and I am wondering if anyone has found a convienent space to install..

Thanks
    O2 Hybrid

gasmakr Guest
    if the engine compartment is too cramped try in front of the radiator behind the grill I have seen several installs like this. Plus it adds the benifit of flowing cool air over your generator.

O2 Hybrid Guest

Installation Areas

That seems to be my only option in front of the radiator, just behing the grill. Since this is my first build maybe I will leave the grill off until I get the bugs worked out. I have done all of my research have all of my stainless, 4gauge wire etc. I only seem to struggle with where to mount it and then depending on where, I have to make the inclosure to acomodate the area of choice.

Thanks

h-power Guest

If you add a cooling system to the unit you can mount it almost anywhere that would be convenient, not just the engine compartment. All sizes of my units have a water pump driven cooling system. Controlling temp also also controls the amp draw.

gasmakr Guest
    h-power is right as long as you keep it cool you can mount it anywhere.
    as a personal preference I like to keep my tubing runs around 4 feet or so which limits me to under the hood or in front of the grill.

O2 Hybrid Guest

Cell Location

Thanks for the input. The engine compartment is where I would like to mount it, I quesss I will have to go with infrom of the radiator behind the radiator seems alittle close to the exhaust manifold. I was trying to avoid it but I am going to have a custom enclosure made from acylic. In front of the radiator also presents a little problem in which restriction of the fresh air flow for proper engine cooling. Keep the ideas comimg as soon as I find a maker for the enclosure the build starts..

Thanks Again

gasmakr Guest
    tha acrylic enclosure will work good....to help with airflow just drill some holes on each side to let the air through.

O2 Hybrid Guest
    Depending on the size. I will post my build on this site, It should turn out very well I hope it is a worth it.
    Thanks

cell location

I placed my cell inside the engine compartment, its 8" x 8" x 6" i believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

grimr27 Guest
    hey i have my cell on my mustang but i also have a 01 windstar and im going to put a cell on it when i get all the bugs worked out of the one on my stang. let me know how it works out on the windstar.