Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voltage drop over cells?

daveczrn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by davar View Post
    Stratous, What are you sealing the edges of the plates with.
    usually you can use another softer material like making a ruber gasket. you can use other semi soft materials as well.

Quote Originally Posted by davar View Post
    Has anyone tried putting the cathode on the outside -NNN+NNN- ?

Yes and the end result is that there really isn't any difference in HHO production. for the most part gas production happens between two plates.
    So for your example (-NNN+NNN-) the plates sides would take a charge of -.+-.+-.+-.++.-+.-+.-+.- the periods separate the plates. and there will be two diffrent chargers to each plate if i remember correctly.

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daveczrn View Post
    usually you can use another softer material like making a ruber gasket. you can use other semi soft materials as well.

Yes and the end result is that there really isn't any difference in HHO production. for the most part gas production happens between two plates.
    So for your example (-NNN+NNN-) the plates sides would take a charge of -.+-.+-.+-.++.-+.-+.-+.- the periods separate the plates. and there will be two diffrent chargers to each plate if i remember correctly.
    I agree. Good job daveczrn.

Wako216 Guest
    well i was gonna wait and amaze all you with this one when my cell is created, but i guess i ll just share it now lol... I have basically proving what dennis has been saying all along that +nnn-nnn+ has just about the same output as +nnnn-nnnn+, but that was before i discovered the holy grail of edge sealers lol, liquid electrical tape, yup thats it thats my big discovery, that reason ive found there wasnt a difference is because you get so much current "flying" off into your solution thats just wasted as heat that it cant use the four neutrals to there potential with the edges and power leads sealed if forces the current to follow the path you want (through the plates) thus utilizing the fourth and even fifth plate this also brings your heat way down also, so once again thanks dennis and best luck with this i will be finishing a cell here pretty shortly all i know right now is that it will be either +nnnn-nnnn+ or have five neutrals aside, and it will have a small fuel pump to running alot of coolant line (probably just rubber hose) i cant decide weather i want to use one of those electrical boxes of a cool little canister with a latch top and nice seal i found at wal mart the canister definitely looks alot more mickey mouse but i think it would be nicer since its clear and smaller, i wont need a lot of volume in the cell itself im hoping to keep the bulk of my electrolizer in the coolant lines. k well just chiming in guys good luck