Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how much LPM needed for 660cc cab

ruel Guest

Question how much LPM needed for 660cc cab

anybody on the group able to run a motorcycle on 100% HHO?

i want to know how much gas producion lpm need for 660cc cab?

I dont believe anyone in here has even come close to being able to run a vehicle completely off Hydrogen. It is not possible in theory to use electrolysis as the only means of fuel for a vehicle.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

daveczrn Guest
    I stole this from the Tero_cell PDF we have floating around the board here. I doubt you could run it completly off of HHO, Only chance would be that you are only using the bike once a week. if you produced HHO during the week and compressed it into a cylinder, then mounted the bottle of compressed HHO on the back of the bike you might be able to do it.

Idling a small engine (e.g. 5hp) would require 500-1000 LPH (liters per hour), while idling a car engine would probably consume about 3000LPH of HHO. Driving down the highway would probably consume 20000-30000 LPH of HHO.

LinChiek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daveczrn View Post
    I stole this from the Tero_cell PDF we have floating around the board here. I doubt you could run it completly off of HHO, Only chance would be that you are only using the bike once a week. if you produced HHO during the week and compressed it into a cylinder, then mounted the bottle of compressed HHO on the back of the bike you might be able to do it.

Idling a small engine (e.g. 5hp) would require 500-1000 LPH (liters per hour), while idling a car engine would probably consume about 3000LPH of HHO. Driving down the highway would probably consume 20000-30000 LPH of HHO.
    hi! i'm new here........

DO NOT compress HHO...... xtremely dangerous...!

Omega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LinChiek View Post
    hi! i'm new here........

DO NOT compress HHO...... xtremely dangerous...!
    +1 Compressed HHO is just a little less dangerous than an h-bomb. (Really!!)

kajreklaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    I dont believe anyone in here has even come close to being able to run a vehicle completely off Hydrogen. It is not possible in theory to use electrolysis as the only means of fuel for a vehicle.
    it is possible - however impractical..

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...aq=2&oq=roy+mc

i bought this video and was amazed at how easy he could add hydrogen to the fuel... his partner explained through math (lots of it) that HHO powering an I.C.E. would take several times more the energy than you could produce from a hho generator.. HOWEVER he DID NOT say it was impossible, just impractical...I still believe it can be done, i'm not trying for it right now, just better mpg to not be forced to fill up as often!

clarence1984 Guest
    please compress the hho make it usuable. I mean come on the next person i hear say don't compress hho i'm going to burn them into the ground on this forum. I've been working with hho for years now and you can compress it up for 400 psi ~ before it blows up. Give me a break. For the bike i would recomend a minature 12volt diaphram pump and a local ace hardware for fittings have the pump suck out the hho and compress it to about 80 to 90 psi into a co2 canister mounted to the frame rail of the bike use a paintball regulator and regulate it way down and into the intake of the bike. Shut off the gasoline your o2 sensor on the bike will flood out the bike otherwise. Now plug the cell into the powersupply from your house fill your canister and turn the fuel on. A EFIE engine won't backfire the valves will stop that and the injector will stay shut if you unplug it. From my experimentation the best setup is to pipe the hho directly to the injector(s) then they will open and close as needed to ensure proper timing you may need to tweak the timing a smidge in the retard direction to get the engine to fire a little slower and allow the engine to keep up with the faster combustion. Just keep the pressure on your hho tank way down and it will be just like running on gasoline (with the regulator) You will need to experiment with the size of the co2 canister for the range of mileage you need on the bike before you have to plug in again.

clarence1984 Guest
    daveczrn

you are not correct on the lph rate of a 5hp engine. I have my own experimentation to show it doesn't take that much especially on idle. Think of it this way. If I took my little 5hp briggs with a 1 gallon gas tank and I steamed all that gasoline to a vapor (which i know isn't as dry as the hho there for not as efficient) bear with me here. It would = about 1746.9 feet cubed. so 28.3 liters in a cubic foot. times 1746.9 = 49437.27 liters per every 3 hours (the length my briggs will run on one gallon of gasoline at governed throttle 50%load) divide 49437.27 by 3 gives you 16479.09 liters per hour or 274.6515 liters cubed per minute. However now factor in the expansion, efficiency, and volatilness of hho (hydrogen and oxygen). we get 274.6515 divided by 3 as quoted by many people 91.5505 liters per minute of consumption however in my studies i've seen hho to be almost 18 times more volatile than hho with liptis testing and other expansion test equipment. 15.25 liters per minute to run the 5hp briggs at 50% load (enough to run a fairly good generator.) O.k so if i want to run this generator only on hho I'll need a hho resevoir tank. I would probably use a 8 gallon portable tank for air. 1 us gallon is 0.133680556 cubic feet. so in this example this empty tank will have 1.069444448 cubic feet of air inside at atomospheric pressure. If i pressurize this tank with hho to (and these are approximates hydrogen and oxygen compress more and less into a psi than regular air) so the equation goes like this psia would be at 80psig + 10 psi (heat expansion) so 90psia 1.069444448 cubic feet = 96.25000032 cubic feet of hho stored or 28.3 * 96.250000032 = 2723.875009056 liters of gas stored. I could run this generator/engine for ~ 2723.87 / 91.5505 = 46 minutes and 50% load under the standard alogorithm but under my testing 15.25 liters per minute neaded would mean you have 178.61 minutes of run time /60 2.97 hours of run time. So think about it. That's not to shabby for hho alos remember IT'S RENEWABLE AND ALMOST NO POLLUTION we can't beat that boys and girls

clarence1984 Guest

o.k so filling this tank

so to fill this tank i appologize if these are not in the right forum but please feel free to move them to another.

If my diaphram pump is hooked with the input from my hho cell that is powered by my 1k wind turbines i sell and the output to my tank. I could fill this tank is how long?

The math would start with how much gas does my cell put out. Well my newest graphite cell puts out 8 mmw that's 8 milliliters cubed per millimeter squared of surface per watt/joule minute of energy consumed. So the wind blows at 25 mph here quite often. The turbine puts out 62.3 amps at 12 volt when the wind blows at 25mph that's 747.6 watts of power. Put into my cell that would make 747.6*8=5980.8 cubic milliliters of gas potential. The perfect graphite cell design for this would have 747.6 square mm of surface area of graphite plates to consume all the wattage perfectly. That's 5.9808 cubic liters of gas per minute with a potential storage of 2723.87 liters this would take 455.4 minutes to fill the tank. Or about 7 and a half hours. So the wind blows all night and you have multiple tanks or a large tank and you have alot of run time. This is a very useful tool. I'm not trying to promote my wind turbine but they are getting very inexpensive now at about 500 bucks per kw you can now build inexpensive and practical heating and electrical solutions.

clarence1984 Guest
    Now for my final post of the day. (if your head doesn't hurt yet from this math lesson lol)

A car engine consumes more gas than a generator of course. If we use the factor that 5hp 206cc consumes 15.25 liters per minute of gas and a small car engine is about 2000cc and 200hp (cobalt 2.0 ecotech) if your car engine was only as efficient as a cheapo briggs (which it is way more efficient) it would consume about 10 times more gas of 150.25 liters per minute of gas. These are just estimate of course people don't burn me for being a smidge off with the math here.
    at half throttle the car does about 80mph (test drive) so for the 8 gallon tank compressed 2723.87 cubic liters /150.25 gives you 18.12 minutes at half throttle. If I fitted my car with the new carbon fiber air tanks which are custom at 50 gallon capacity now. 50/8 6.25 *2723.87 cubic liters will hold 17024.1875 cubic liters now. / by 150.25 = 113.30 minutes of engine run time at half throttle. So if you were a racer on the highway you could get 151 miles per fill up. Of course we don't go that fast so it can only go up from there. Guys stop talking about this and let's get it going. My company will be releasing home kits to fuel your car in this fashion and we will be looking at training certified mechanics to install and fit cars with these kits.