Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATX Power Supply and PWM

Quote Originally Posted by kasari View Post
    way to go Blaster.

I will have to get a microwave before we get in ti this.
    might take a couple of days.

Thanks
    Try your town dump, goodwill, free cycle

If you get stuck I can sell you one that is already modified and rewired, and all you have to do is hook up the diodes and a cap, if you want to adjust the voltage that can be done using a light dimmer I use a magnetic light dimmer tied into the primary of the microwave transformer this supply can also be used as a welder, and a car battery charger, and even start the car with it, so what you will have is something you would never want to throw away you can also use it so it only puts out between 1.5 to 3.5 volts @ 140 amps way more then you could ever need

Try and buy a supply that can do that, and expect to pay about $5,000 to $8,000 there just is not much call for very low voltage high current supplies

Gary

kasari Guest
    Goin Yard Saleing.................

Thanks again Blaster. Do you have a tutorial on this so I don't have to keep bugging you?

kasari

Goin Yard Saleing.................

Thanks again Blaster. Do you have a tutorial on this so I don't have to keep bugging you?

kasari
    No i don't mind the bugging, its good for me, it forces me to improve on it, that's what i need a little push, i get lazy and i need to be pushed

Plus i know for every post here, there are a 100 readers who can learn, and maybe we can even improve on what i have. "which is a good thing"
    Thanks for the push Gary

kasari Guest
    will this solve my dry cells heating up and blowing my atx power supplies?
    It happens after about two hours of run time.

will this solve my dry cells heating up and blowing my atx power supplies?
    It happens after about two hours of run time.
    It should give you 28 amps all day long plus the microwave comes with a fan the above stove type come with a HD squirrel cage fan that can really blow air save the atx for parts you can use the heat sink in there and a large cap

you will need to buy this part its only $5 bucks

Its good for 35 amps you can put two together for 70 amps

kasari Guest
    Thanks again, when I have these parts I will get back with you.

kasari Guest
    Hi Blaster,

I have a microwave transformer and the cap. 5 bucks at GoodWill
    I have ordered the bridge rectifiers. (two)

Hi Blaster,

I have a microwave transformer and the cap. 5 bucks at GoodWill
    I have ordered the bridge rectifiers. (two)
    What's the current rating on the diodes???

If you didn't place the order on the diodes yet get a 5,000 ufd cap. It will increase your output voltage plus clean up the ac ripple you can find one in side your computer power supply plus a heat sink you should also grab the ac fan in the microwave post a picture of it

kasari Guest
    I ordered 2 MB352's so they are 35 amps. I will extract the fan and post picture tonight. I took the old cap. form the microwave. Don't have it here in front of me so I dont know the uf. I will check tonight.

Thanks

Will I be able to use a PWM with this to control the cell's current?

I ordered 2 MB352's so they are 35 amps. I will extract the fan and post picture tonight. I took the old cap. form the microwave. Don't have it here in front of me so I dont know the uf. I will check tonight.

Thanks

Will I be able to use a PWM with this to control the cell's current?
    Yes, that is only about 1ufd, its big because it can handle over 2000 volts you need at least 2,000 ufd at 50 volts

That cap can kick you in the ass, if it is not discharged, maybe kill you just put a screw driver across the terminals

Gary