Thread: hho effect

hho effect

hello,i need your opinion about the problem inside the engine after using hho.After a long time used the hho,my friend said the piston and the valve was rust.This problem make me afraid...please reply and give your opinion...
    ash

Quote Originally Posted by ashmir View Post
    hello,i need your opinion about the problem inside the engine after using hho.After a long time used the hho,my friend said the piston and the valve was rust.This problem make me afraid...please reply and give your opinion...
    Off hand, I would say that he probably was letting electrolyte from the cell into the engine.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    Off hand, I would say that he probably was letting electrolyte from the cell into the engine.
    Use stu's trick to check for it.

water vapor

You can separate water from any gas by cooling it, heat exchanger in cooling system. Then a commercial water separator, same as used in paint shops.

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    Use stu's trick to check for it.
    OK I'll bit whats Stu's trick.
    Do you have a link to this info, because when I search for "Stu's trick" I get nothing!

Glen

If I may revive this old thread . . .

to say that corrosion in your engine from HHO or the steam produced by the HHO cell is not the worry many people make it out to be. H2O is a by product of combustion and that is not a problem in IC engines. The electrolyte entering the engine could be a problem depending on the electrolyte and engine components. For example, if you are using an alkaline electrolyte and you have aluminum components down stream, you will get a thick white residue on the aluminum as the electrolyte attacks the Al turning it into aluminum oxide and electrolyte salts.

The best course of action is to follow the path outlined by posters above. Cool the HHO gas by passing it through a water bubbler, extract the remaining moisture using a water separator. And, if you feel you need it, you can run a reactive filter as a final cleaning step before you release the HHO into the engine. Since I use NaOH as my electrolyte, I simply use a SS tube filled with aluminum shavings from my machine shop. I Change out the Al shavings every time I change oil.

The problem with stripping out all the moisture from the HHO stream, is you lose the benefit of the water vapour injection. You can find threads discussing this effect.

Good luck on your research,
    RustyLugNut.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    to say that corrosion in your engine from HHO or the steam produced by the HHO cell is not the worry many people make it out to be. H2O is a by product of combustion and that is not a problem in IC engines. The electrolyte entering the engine could be a problem depending on the electrolyte and engine components. For example, if you are using an alkaline electrolyte and you have aluminum components down stream, you will get a thick white residue on the aluminum as the electrolyte attacks the Al turning it into aluminum oxide and electrolyte salts.

The best course of action is to follow the path outlined by posters above. Cool the HHO gas by passing it through a water bubbler, extract the remaining moisture using a water separator. And, if you feel you need it, you can run a reactive filter as a final cleaning step before you release the HHO into the engine. Since I use NaOH as my electrolyte, I simply use a SS tube filled with aluminum shavings from my machine shop. I Change out the Al shavings every time I change oil.

The problem with stripping out all the moisture from the HHO stream, is you lose the benefit of the water vapour injection. You can find threads discussing this effect.

Good luck on your research,
    RustyLugNut.
    nice thinking on the SS tube filled with aluminum shavings!!