Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detailed engine computer sensor tuning information

daveczrn Guest
    hey HHOJOE.. got any maps you can show us for fuel tuning? just wondering what you have been working on.

hhojoe Guest
    No maps yet. Waiting for a new release of software this August which is too include the stock maps for my ECU and from there I can make mods. What can I tell ya, the Subaru Baja just ain't that popular....

foshman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hhojoe View Post
    When leaning the engine you have to be sure you don't lean it too much to the point where you burn your valves. Think of it like an acetylene torch, when you add oxygen the flame gets really hot. In small planes there is an exhaust gas temp gauge, if the temp gets too high you need to en richen the mixture to cool the engine (put simply).

On many of today's cars the MAP sensor is the Baro sensor. when you first turn your key and before the engine starts the computer reads the static barometric pressure from the MAP sensor to use as its base. This always struck me funny because what about if you are driving from the bottom up to the top of Pike's Peak???

There are some O2 sensors where the resistor trick won't work. On my 2006 Subaru for instance if I want to lean it out via the O2 sensor I must INCREASE the signal. This trick only worked for a while (about 20 miles) until the computer 'learned' to compensate for this change. How did it do that? It looks at the signals from all the other sensors and based on their readings figures the reading from the O2 is 'off' what it should be and changes the mappings. Took me some time to figure this out but what I ended up doing is buying a cable and software that would allow me to modify the maps. Still a work in progress.

These tricks work better on older cars where the ECU isn't as smart as some/most are today.
    HI,
    Are you sure your 06 Subaru has o2 sensors? I have an 06 outback with 2.5i normally aspirated and as far as I've been able to determine thus far it has two(one in each bank) afr sensors which as you probably know act opposite of 02 sensors. Thus far have been unable to locate any afr enhansors or plans to build one. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Foshman

painless, tried link ,it says no good
    any help? trying to figure a 00toy 3.4L wafr ..real bugger ..nobody sells a system for the ecu foolery
    any help appreciated bigtime.
    trying over 3 years now and about to forget about trying to get my truck to push h2o anymore if I dont get some positive response

nobody sells a system for the ecu foolery....... this is true BUT by using a system like hp tuners one can change everything going on under the hood by altering the ecu
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

keep us up to date on editing the maps. I think you are on to something hhojoe

Looking for the author of OEM Computers article

Hi Russ
    Do you know how/where I can find the author of that article that you linked to?? I was able to open the OEM Computer attachment and got a readable copy. but when I went to the More-or-less.org I got "zip" do you know how to contact this "water car group" or "Repairs Unlimited"?? the article is very compelling But left some big holes in my understanding. I'd like to talk to him more.
    Thank for any help you can give!
    Jesse
    Ps. Thanks for what you do here!!!!