Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HHO injection location

HHO injection location

Ok, I have installed an HHO generator into my 06 2500 ram with the 5.9 Cummins motor. Currently I have the hose routed into my air filter box. Is there a better place to inject the HHO on the Cummins motor? Should it be pre or post turbo? Thanks

Here are some photos of my installed generator. It is currently producing 2.25 lpm. I will post more tomorrow to show the unit in operation.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Whats in the box Stratous.....come on open it and show us! 8-)

whats in box

Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Whats in the box Stratous.....come on open it and show us! 8-)
    Ok, I will show everyone shortly.

Pics of the inside

Ok, as I promised here are the pictures of the inside of my unit. The amperage draw is between 25 and 30 amps. Probably about 28, its slightly high. As you can see the unit produces well. The plate configuration is +--+ on all 4 cells. The cells are wired in parallel pairs. Each pair is wired in series so that the voltage is split between the two pairs. Each receives about 7 volts. I have found that lower voltage results in less heat. It seems to make more difference than low amperage. I certainly was hoping for better MPG gains though. My first fill-up yielded a gain of 4mpg, but I am not sure how many miles i actually drove with the device still operating. When I checked the water level today, I found that it was empty. My cooling radiator had sprung a leak at some point and totally drained all of my electrolyte. At any rate, I dont think I need the radiator, I drove for 30 minutes tonight after repairing and refilling the unit. The electrolyte didnt get hot at about 25 amps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Injection location

Still I wonder if I have placed the injection hose in the best place. I have it fed right into the air cleaner box. I noticed there seems to be a sensor just past the intake box, should I feed the hose past that sensor? Keep in mind I am driving a 2006 dodge w/ cummins 5.9 diesel. I have attached photos as I am not entirely sure what the device is attached to the intake tube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ronjinsan Guest

Nice!

Very nicely done unit Stratous....puts mine to shame, but I'm working on it! My wife has a Citroen Picasso 2ltr diesel which I am makeing a cell for at the moment. I suspect that the device in your intake is probably an airflow metering unit of some kind. I will probably have the same type of thing in the Citroen. If so I would be tempted to put my HHO in after the device, in other words closest to the engine side to try it out first. Hey I may be completely out of line here......any suggestions from other sources would be most appreciated. What is your container, looks like an armoured electrical box, am I right? If so thats a good idea. Does it seal well? All the best.

Red face My container

It is an eletrical box I picked up at lowes for $22. Its made by Cantex, I believe there are other brands out there that are just as good. It has a water tight seal around the lid that so far seems to seal very good. I suppose i could put a pressure gauge inline to see if it holds pressure. I know it holds some pressure as I have held my finger over the hho exit port, but I have no idea how much pressure. I am pretty happy with the box, supposedly it is rated for pretty high temperatures as well. Thanks for the accolades on my rig.

Ronjinsan Guest

Great stuff!

I am going to spend this weekend with my new plates that arrived yesterday. They are 316 SS 120 x 75 x .9. I have some new ideas on cell configuration I want to try out, but I am going down to our local electrical store to look at those boxes. I have been working with transparent containers up to now so that I could see whats going on inside. but I suppose once you are confident that your cell works properly and the mixture is good, there is no reason to "see" it any more. The advantage of living in a country (South Africa) where the cars are mostly from Japan and Europe is that our engine sizes are so much smaller than yours and dont need so much HHO to be useful! Wait until you start paying the same as us for petrol or even worse diesel!!! Keep it up and all the best

Gas prices

I dont know how much you pay for fuel, but its quite high enough here...lol
    Currently diesel is USD $4.70 per gallon, or about $1.74 per liter. Between my wife and I we drive about 100 miles or 161KM per day. I usually drive the most because I take our daugher to and from work as well as myself.