Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HHO injection location

bronco Guest
    gasoline engines have manifold vacuum when the throttle valve is closed. when the throttle vale opens manifold vacuum drops and venturi vacuum increases. diesel engines have very little manifold vacuum until acceleration then you have a tremendous amount of manifold vacuum because of the amount of air being drawn in by the engine. so if you attach any hose to the manifold of a diesel then you create a venturi type vacuum which will be very strong at full throttle.

Checkmate240ZT Guest
    I also have the 2006 Cummins and have read on some other sites that I agree with that in the intake passed the turbo and intercooler would be the best place to input the hho. The intake when under load has pressure form the turbo (mine runs up to or around 40psi.) and there is a way to fabricate a nozzle that will feed the hho into the intake as the velocity of air passes past it even thou there is a pressure present. Kind of like how a pressure washer can suck soap into the line even if there is several hundreds psi behind it (siphon effect). Anyone have one of those air siphon hoses?, works great. I think you loose a lot of benefit running the hho thru the turbo then intercooler and all the hose that connects them. I know the bubbler does help take some of the caustic out but remember early on in this post the cooler started leaking due to the caustic, well the intercooler is all aluminum and I don’t think the caustic will be very gentle on it and I would hate to have to buy one of those$$$. Think I may buy a used intake if I can find one and try to do the nozzle set-up. (Thought!, "self" the intake is aluminum also. Hope that bubbler works).

Tekneek Guest
    I wanted to be careful on my car to install between the maf and the intake opening- the butterfly.

The reason is I did not want to take any chances with hydrogen enbrittlement.

Hydrogen does make certain metals brittle and a constant flow over the element in the mass air flow sensor could cause it to go out.

Aluminum does not seem to be affected by this. Zero Fossil Fuels on You Tube touched on this.