Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HHO injection location

porkchop Guest
    Perhaps you could run a piece of flexible duct to catch clean air from under/or in front of your truck, if there was room. I was thinking of doing that if mine overheats. I don't know if it would work well enough, but it seems like if it did, it would be an easy and inexpensive solution. Just a thought.

circulate water

I use a small water pump to circulate the water through the clear hose, I realize that the hose isnt a great conductor of heat, but it seems to work pretty well. The pump i have has a stainless steel housing which i purchased at harbor frieght, I also purchased a DC motor controller to slow the pump down. Its a pretty powerful little pump @350 gallons per hour and only cost $27. I dont leave the pump on all the time, i only turn it on once the amp draw is at 30. The DC motor controler should legthen the motor life and it deffinately makes it alot quieter. At full speed the little pump is a bit loud.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

porkchop Guest

injection point

I am going to inject my hho into the center of the manifold (inline 6 cyl) of my Jeep Grand Cherokee 1997. I am moving the Evaporator vacuum line to the test port and injecting the hho right into the manifold. Will any problems arise from this?

As long as the evaporator gets the required vaccume from the test port, I dont forsee a problem.

Johnh Guest
    The only problem that I can see (and I don't actually know that manifold) is that there may be no turbulent mixing of the HHO with the Air so all the HHO may only go into the cylinders close to the injection point.
    Is this a problem? I don't know but I think I would like my charge equalized on all cylinders so the effects are even across the engine

Regards
    John

timetowinarace Guest
    Did you ever move your injection site? I also routed to the air cleaner box on my 06 3500. Just over the air filter.

Post turbo is not a good idea because the hho system as a whole would have to be pressureized to at least 40# PSI to overcome boost pressure. But routing after the air flow/temp sencer might make a difference? I may unplug this sencer at some point and see what happens.

FYI: I have also made other mods to this truck that improved mileage. Biggest gains have been with Bullydog programer set on performance. I got a 1 mpg gain by drilling several 1" holes in the bottom of the air cleaner box and useing a amsoil high flow air filter. I nocked all the guts out of the cat. Fuel filter needs changed often, twice as often as is called for. doesn't seem to matter where I get fuel, the filter makes a difference in mileage????

Quote Originally Posted by timetowinarace View Post
    Did you ever move your injection site? I also routed to the air cleaner box on my 06 3500. Just over the air filter.

Post turbo is not a good idea because the hho system as a whole would have to be pressureized to at least 40# PSI to overcome boost pressure. But routing after the air flow/temp sencer might make a difference? I may unplug this sencer at some point and see what happens.

FYI: I have also made other mods to this truck that improved mileage. Biggest gains have been with Bullydog programer set on performance. I got a 1 mpg gain by drilling several 1" holes in the bottom of the air cleaner box and useing a amsoil high flow air filter. I nocked all the guts out of the cat. Fuel filter needs changed often, twice as often as is called for. doesn't seem to matter where I get fuel, the filter makes a difference in mileage????
    I have not changed my injection location, its still run through the a/f box. I currently am using a K&N air filter, I didnt really notice any difference when I installaed that.

rmptr Guest
    I'm pretty sure if I wanted to get the most out of my engine by reducing backpressure, I would go to a muffler shop and have them bolt in a 'test pipe' with flanges in place of the cat rather than knock the guts out.
    They're expensive!
    And before I left, I'd have them also weld flanges on my cat, so it could be re-installed. You know, after the off-road race...
    Best

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    Nice are you using the box itself as the negative electrode?, and what are those rods or plates i cant tell,(poor eye sight) do you think plexi glass would make a suitable container, i was just pondering it, also i thought you were supposed to use the vacuum lines AND the air cleaner, am i wrong?

scottyhho Guest

Lightbulb the gears are turning!!

i like the idea of the small water pump and flexible pvc. that would allow me to install a small water tank so i shouldn't have to worry about running out of water so soon. the gears are turning!!!