Thread: HHO and E85

HHO and E85

Any one running HHO with E85? Did you run into any extra problems with the e85, instead of gasoline? Future plans for my car include an E85 conversion (very easy for my car, just need bigger fuel pump and injectors all the fuel lines are already ethanol ready). If I run E85 my mpg will actually go down compared to gasoline, so hopefully the HHO can help bump the mpg back up.

Smitty Guest
    sounds like an awful lot of work to bring things back to where they started at.
    My calculations show that E85 isn't cost effective until its 35 cents or more cheaper than gasoline. Otherwise the lack of mileage will cost you $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    sounds like an awful lot of work to bring things back to where they started at.
    My calculations show that E85 isn't cost effective until its 35 cents or more cheaper than gasoline. Otherwise the lack of mileage will cost you $$.
    Yes but since E85 is 85% alcohol from plant product, it's 85% carbon neutral since the carbon emissions from burning it are equal to the carbon used from the air (in the form of CO2) by the plant as it grew.
    Plus running E85 is the equivalent of running 105 octane

BTW right now local e85 prices here in Cali are around $2.35, 91 pump gas is around $3.05